APOD Firearms

“Come and Take It, Temple!” (Event on 1 June 2013)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    [FONT=arial,helvetica]I received an email this morning with the info below. While I think this guy and the cop were both being jackasses during the encounter it looks like a fun event for those living down that way. Live music, BBQ and guns.

FYI, I'm not going to be down there. I just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.

Temple Texas Rally in Defense of the Second Amendment

On Saturday, June 1, Texans will rally to protest the alleged heavy-handed treatment of gun owners in Temple, Texas.

The rally is being billed as “Come and Take It, Temple!” -- and gun owners will be legally carrying firearms openly from 10am-4pm at Community Market at 212 South Main Street in Temple.

Master Sgt. Christopher J. Grisham says that his Army career is on hold while he waits for a misdemeanor charge against him to be settled with the city of Temple.

Temple Police arrested Grisham on March 16 and first charged him with resisting arrest in connection with his possession of an AR-15 rifle slung across the front of his body.

The charge was later changed to interfering with a police officer’s duties. Grisham contends he was not violating the law, and his arrest and the confiscation of his weapons were unlawful. The case has yet to be heard in court.

Rally speakers will include, among others:

* Mike Vanderboegh (standing in for Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America)

* Jay Stang of Oathkeepers

* Lynn Wooley, Talk Show Host

* Christopher Grisham

During the rally, Black Rain Ordinance will donate a rifle to Sgt. Grisham.

Music will be provided by The Nolan Pick Band and food provided by Fat Boys BBQ.

For more information, go to: http://www.dontcomply.com/comeandtakeittemple
    [/FONT]
    Texas SOT

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Looked like a good idea until i read the comments and saw that it has been cross posted to the North Texas Militia and the Texas Nationalist Movement. I try to avoid those guys, they have a habit of screwing stuff up.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Re: “Come and Take It, Temple!” (Event on 1 June 2013)

There's another one coming up at the July 4th parade in belton. Some local militia will have a float and has invited anyone and everyone to join them in riding the float or walking behind with their rifles.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Man, having a rifle carry protest in Austin just sounds better and better to me. I'd even carry a "come at me bro" sign addressed to Acevedo. For realz.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Not advocating for them, just asking. What's wrong with Texas Nationalist Movement? I follow them on facebook, and haven't seen anything crazy from them.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Not advocating for them, just asking. What's wrong with Texas Nationalist Movement? I follow them on facebook, and haven't seen anything crazy from them.

The one time i meet a group of guys from that group they were trying to find someone to train them in Army tactics so they "could take them on" and just a lot of sedition talk going on. What they put on their sites doesnt seem as bad as how they act when you meet them in person, from my experience and that of others i have talked to.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    did anyone go to this? I've been busy and have not had a chance to ask

Top Bottom