Houston Metro

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My bad.

I've known folks who had a red Whelan slaved to their brake lights. It flashed like it's supposed to, but didn't alternate.

I also know folks with the white four-ways installed in their vehicles (but they didn't alternate, either)

To the layman (me, obviously) "alternating" is fleeting . . .

Yellow flashing lights aren't restricted in any way, shape or form.

Texas Transportation Code - Section 547.305. Restrictions On Use Of Lights - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    One of these days, I'll git w/ChunkyMonkey an' let him record the Harley's strobes. All yellows front and rear. Use 'em if a rider goes down, low visibility, or if I sense impending bad/dangerous driving conditions. Unlike CM, however, mine ARE Whelen's. They may cost more, but they hold up. The one's on the back of the trailer we pull w/the bike have been pulled over 50k miles, and still work like new. In fairness, they don't get used much, but still.....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks - but I do my own installs....Dad was a Field Engineer w/RCA, and I tend to be anal when it comes to installation methods. Stuff is soldered, heat-shrunk and then run through split loom, often w/friction tape wrapping. All fused, operated via relay off a main power supply hub. Sometime when you're up in this neck of the woods, come by and take a look. The Ultra has a tad over 200' or so of after-market wiring, much of it 3-5 pair.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    lol, yeah, my truck took about 250' in wiring, lol. I love mine. Need more lights on the rear, but limited to the mounting which I want to be low key/stealth....More strobes on the way in for the tail lights. Just ordered today to replace the bad left rear corner.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'm referring to visibility regarding permanently mounted lights. My other lights coming in will increase the visibility when activated. Also looking at a lightbar that temp mounts for jobs.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I looked into it, but since my truck came equipped with that stupid flex fuel, it would void the coverage due to different injectors, program, and pump. Trust me, I had it priced out already, lol. 505hp to the wheels would have been nice. But this truck will take well to intake, exhaust, and efan. Wish there was a tuner worth a crap. Unichip isn't that good, I'd prefer something inline vs. reflashing or computer permanent.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I can do the TRD supercharger, but would just have to fight over any warranty issues to show the proof of failure. I'm going to talk with the General Manager and Service manager. They'd easily be able to tell if I ever ran E85 and caused failure. I would never run E85, it sucks. Crappy mileage just so I can say I'm burning corn?! Forget that.....Although E85 with a tuning system can be rather impressive.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    I can do the TRD supercharger, but would just have to fight over any warranty issues to show the proof of failure. I'm going to talk with the General Manager and Service manager. They'd easily be able to tell if I ever ran E85 and caused failure. I would never run E85, it sucks. Crappy mileage just so I can say I'm burning corn?! Forget that.....Although E85 with a tuning system can be rather impressive.
    what dealer do you use? i use toyota of boerne and they have been great! i thought my front diff was going out and i only had 1k left on my 65k warranty and they said if it goes out after its noted that i came in before it was out and that it would be covered

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    what dealer do you use? i use toyota of boerne and they have been great! i thought my front diff was going out and i only had 1k left on my 65k warranty and they said if it goes out after its noted that i came in before it was out and that it would be covered

Definitely, I heard good things about them. I go to North Park Toyota. But, it's listed under the manufacturer that equipping a flex fuel vehicle with the TRD supercharger would void. They have you note it on a waiver too.

Top Bottom