• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Noticed these in an email advertisement... https://shootingtargets7.com/products/hanging-ar500-steel-gong-targets
    • Zinc plated for superior resistance to weather and spall
    1636575225748.png

Has anyone used zinc plated targets? Looks to be yellow chromated, too. Seems like the plating would just get blasted off and would still need frequent painting like bare steel. Needless cost addition?

BTW, they are having a 15% off Veteran's Day sale...
    Target Sports

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I can see some weather resistance till you destroy the plating, but spall?? Sounds like a lot of hogwash. So long as they are TRULY AR500 they will work, but I wouldn’t put too much into that whole spall claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Noticed these in an email advertisement... https://shootingtargets7.com/products/hanging-ar500-steel-gong-targets

View attachment 287331

Has anyone used zinc plated targets? Looks to be yellow chromated, too. Seems like the plating would just get blasted off and would still need frequent painting like bare steel. Needless cost addition?

BTW, they are having a 15% off Veteran's Day sale...
    I bought a 1/2 inch silhouette from them for my cousins birthday. The plating was holding up to 300wm and 45-70 well when we shot it. Ill be seeing it again here around Thanksgiving when I go visit them. Ill let yall know how it looks. Supposedly theyve been shooting it regularly

They ship pretty fast too from what I remember

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I read a while back that zinc bullets are actually more ricochet prone. I don't see how coating a hard target with zinc would reduce that. However if prices were near equal I'd be tempted to see how they hold up over time.

Top Bottom