• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt640h

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Yugo Model 88A 9mm NOW WITH REVIEW

Opinions or reviews? Centerfiresystems has them on sale for $200 and free shipping this weekend. At that price I'm thinking about trying one out, I'm assuming they will be similar to most Tokarev pistols.

UPDATED 1/1/14

Well I finally made to the range to shoot this bad boy. First impression, I like it, not as much as my G19, but I do like it. It is about the same size a G19 but much thinner. I'm not sure I like the grip angle yet, I'll have to take it to the range a few more times before I decide on that.

011.gif

So far very reliable, not a single hiccup. I didn't touch it after receiving it, no cleaning, oiling or anything, straight out of the box and to the range. Ran out 6 or 7 mags thru it, using both FMJ and HP. Respectable accuracy, I'm sure it is more accurate than me, but I'm a little bit more accurate with my G19. That is probably just because I've run thousands of rounds thru the Glock and less than 50 thru the Yugo. Shot it at 7 yards. Top target is the first 2 mags with no warm up, bottom target was next 4 mags and middle target was my G19. I found the trigger acceptable, didn't feel like 10# to me, probably between 5-7#s, maybe I got a good one.

006.gif
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dang, that's really tempting! Zastava makes some solid firearms and the ability to shoot cheap/common ammo through it (unlike my M57 Tokarev) makes it a good deal. I was looking at a M70 at the gun show yesterday but prices are still not at the mark I'd like them to be.

Reviews of the M88 seem to show it's a $200 dollar gun but still a decent shooter...

| Average Joe's Handgun Reviews

For that price I'd say it's a good risk!

If you get one be sure to post up a post-range report!

Cheers! M2

matt640h

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Yeah I just ordered it, I figured what the hell, at $200. I'll post a range report after I take her out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    M88A.jpg

Wile many people still refer to them as a "Yugo," these days the correct term is "Serb;" but ironically they are made by and arms company called Zastava, which is the same name of the automotive company that made the "Yugo" car! It means "flag" in Serbo-Croatian.

Last edited:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Okay. But that 10# trigger pull is a killer for me. The MUCH better half has weakling hands and likely couldn't fire that thing. And for most gun purchases, if she can't shoot it I won't buy it.

Top Bottom