• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootTheBreeze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Round Rock, TX
    I just have to get this off my chest. Why is it that every moron who can barely pull the trigger publishes videos on Youtube? Don't get me wrong I watch a lot on Youtube and without people like hickock45, Scootch00, YankeeMarshall and many others I would not know as much about guns as I do now - and I just started.

But why do people who can barely talk or mumble, have no real message, no real content publish whatever crap on Youtube? Not everybody is born or trained to do good presentations, maybe some of their friends (if they have any) should tell them that. Today I was looking for opinions of the Shield vs Glock 43. There was a guy shooting 5 minutes to a target, not saying anything, just shooting - he wasn't even good! Another one just compared the specs reading them down from a sheet of paper, others oh well - just not worth ranting more. It's hard, I did some videos regarding music, it's tough and I am certainly not very good at it either - that's why I stopped.

On the other hand, just many thanks for the good channels out there, people who can express their opinion and provide some info on their experience.

STB

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    but ..but ..but you get things like this and it makes it all worthwhile

"after the shot went off, my training took over and I called my parents"

Last edited:

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Its youtube, anyone with an internet connection and an email address can upload whatever they want. You complaining about it here is the same as complaining about a bumper sticker you didn't like.

There is a lot of great stuff on youtube but if you watch dumb stuff, it will suggest more dumb stuff to watch. Quit watching the bottom of the barrel.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    but ..but ..but you get things like this and it makes it all worthwhile

"after the shot went off, my training took over and I called my parents"

This, sometimes an example of what not to do is just as powerful a teaching tool (if not more) than an example of what to do.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Also perhaps this is just the modern age of sideshow freaks. Misfits and idiots used to get their wages doing carnival gigs, now they just post crap on youtube and everyone laughs at em (and they laugh back because despite their stupidity if they get enough viral vids they can make some serious dough).

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    A lot more people started channels when YouTube started offering monetization.

This may sound sexist but there are several "review" channels that slap a large chested female in front of the camera with the product and make her talk. These sorts of "reviews" are just fishing for click-bait by thumb-nailing the video with the closest breast shot they can of the female and a million unrelated hashtags. They're full of ads before, after, and during the video promoting all their sponsors and websites.

I personally despise these channels. They only review in-fashion gear and top selling products because they get more hits that way. It's almost always a review of a brand-new product that looks like it came off the shelf and was never actually used or experienced. The video is typically just a parroting of manufacturer specifications, materials used, MSRP, and maybe a quick demo of how it works. You might as well be watching a TV commercial.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    To me, it seems to go along with the elf absorbed, narcissistic society we have become. They are in the same vein as "selfies".

That said, You tube has been a great resource for me. I learned how to clean my Kurig, install a garbage disposal, remove and replace the trunk on the new motorcycle, and recently learned techniques for slow speed handling of The Beast (my wife's name for the new motorcycle).

Top Bottom