• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Just wondering what the general mood is on the possibility of a +10 round magazine ban (AKA "Standard capacity" or "High capacity," depending on how much you love or hate guns).

I personally don't see it happening as Repubs fear it even more than the Dems do.The last AWB was poison for Dems and Repubs are already struggling to keep their noses above water. If they let it happen they will officially be a dead party. However, the folks at another forum I post on are nearly 100% certain it will happen, not as part of an Assault rifle" ban, but as separate legislation. And of course, who amongst us can say we trust Repubs to do what is right at this point in time?

Comments?
    Capitol Armory ad

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Why would they throw away their careers to ban magazines?

633701136919450060-darkhelmet.jpg

We're talking about the party that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last November because they couldn't STFU about trivial stupid crap like abortion and stay focused on the totally awesome obama economy. The same party that caved today to increase taxes and increase spending, yet completely lack the cojones to call out the kenyan for breaking his promise to America that no citizen earning less than $250,000/yr would pay a cent more in taxes. The same party that let obamacare get out of committee by a single RINO vote (thanks olympia snowe).

So you can see there are plenty of reasons for me to have approximately 0.0 faith in their judgement, integrity or ability.

Prepare for the ban, it is coming and it's going to be billed as 'bipartisan' when the POS RINOs stab us in the back once again.

Don't get your hopes up on the slimey SOB harry reid either. The very first chance he got to stick a thumb in the NRA's eye by voting to confirm 2 gungrabbing communists to the supreme court, he did it.

Last edited:

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    sometimes i wish someone would make a vid where they show themselves shooting a "high capacity" mag (ie: 30rd AR mag or a 17rd glock mag), then shooting the same amount of ammo out of the 10rd limit mags.

although, this would do nothing but make the antis want to ban 10rd mags as well, and we would all be stuck at 5.

who makes this magic 10 number anyway?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    sometimes i wish someone would make a vid where they show themselves shooting a "high capacity" mag (ie: 30rd AR mag or a 17rd glock mag), then shooting the same amount of ammo out of the 10rd limit mags.

although, this would do nothing but make the antis want to ban 10rd mags as well, and we would all be stuck at 5.

I think that was Bill Ruger

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It will surely fail so long as we do our part. Repubs do not want their voting base to turn on them as we must make sure they know how we feel.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Over forty years ago and after about my first week in a patrol car I threw away my crystal ball. Nobody in there right mind thought Obamacare would pass but it did. If by some miracle this nation comes through this without some type of firearms/magazine capacity/ammo sale changes I will be really amazed. We may not end up with a total ban on AR type rifles but magazine capacity might well be the sacrificial lamb.

Just the ramblings of an old retired cop.

hardcase60

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." ~ Ronald Reagan

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Over forty years ago and after about my first week in a patrol car I threw away my crystal ball. Nobody in there right mind thought Obamacare would pass but it did. If by some miracle this nation comes through this without some type of firearms/magazine capacity/ammo sale changes I will be really amazed. We may not end up with a total ban on AR type rifles but magazine capacity might well be the sacrificial lamb.

Just the ramblings of an old retired cop.

hardcase60

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." ~ Ronald Reagan

I'm with you on this one. This was just too huge of an event for it to just go away. Someone said a few posts back that if they vote on it in the next 90 days it would pass. I'm inclined to agree. People forget about stuff fast. So you gotta strike while the iron is hot. The events pre-election were not the right time for so many obvious reasons. But now that we have a lame duck in office, a crap ton of influential floozies in Hollywood supporting the movement along with a bunch of lefty weasels strewn about, I think there is a real possibility this passes to some extent. I was too young to be directly affected by the 94 ban, but even if this ban isn't as stringent as that one, for some reason it feels like it's going to be a much bigger problem in the long run. I think a good deal of that has to do with who is in the White House this time around. Clinton sucked, don't get me wrong, but O scares me a lot more.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX

Magazine Ban of 2013 - YouTube

Here's your video. Skip to about 9 minutes to get to the shooting.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Mag ban will pass. Just like the repubs passed 40 trillion in new taxes without offering a single amendment.
    They don't care what you think.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    That video scares me because any anti-gunner is going to look at that and think that they can't just stop at limiting the mag to 10 rounds, but also enforce that retarded mag release ban that they have in Cali where you have to use a bullet tip or whatever to drop your mag. While the guys point is valid, I'm worried it's just going to give the libs more fuel to add to the fire.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The biggest problem is that the Republican "leadership" in the House is primed to cave on just about anything Obama demands. If Boehner is replaced as Speaker there might - MIGHT - be hope, but he's already shown his willingness to capitulate on just about any issue put before him, and his unwillingness to take on the press and present a perspective that isn't in line with the Democrat talking points.

Stormbringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Nope...don't see it happening. One thing I know for sure Congress and the Senate aren't willing to work on serious issues like a budget and spending cuts. I see more chest pounding and rhetortic from both sides but in the end these politicians are lazy and the news story of the day will die down just like "Fast and Furious" and go no where when the next "Big News" story breaks. Politicians and most of their dim whitted constituents have short attention spans...just remember "The Bachelor" and "Dancing with the Stars" will return soon enough to keep their attention.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Even if a hi-cap mag ban passes....all pre-existing magazines will be grandfathered just like they were before. I guarantee you, the defense contractors out there and the people at MAGpul are churning them out like there's no tomorrow. I have a feeling some people are gonna feel real stupid about purchasing a surplus/pmag 30rd magazine for anything over $10 or $15 once they realize how many more(pre-ban) magazines will still be available. Only time will tell but in the end, it's the retailers and manufacturers that will profit the most from it, that's if it even happens.

Stormbringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    The irony is that the anti-gun liberals have put more AR-15's and high capacity magazines in more peoples hands by just mentioning the prospect of a future ban on AR's and hi cap magazines...kind of faulty logic. The anti-gun crowd don't want any of us to have these items and there are simply not enough votes anywhere for an all out ban (ala confiscation- which is what they truely want). So now more people have these "evil" items than ever before...lol. What a bunch of loons these anti-gun nuts are.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How many who are conceding defeat have called/written/emailed their reps and voiced their concerns.

I sent 3 more emails today to our Governor, and state level reps encouraging them to work on bills similar to what's being out forward in SC. I also called the office of senator John Cornyn in Washington and confirmed his opposition to any AWB or magazine capacity bans and pledged my support.

As much as it makes us feel better, complaining to like minded individuals on this forum does little to help our cause. Make sure the right people are hearing you.

Top Bottom