• ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Depends on situation…

I think I’m probably moving away to a safe distance, securing my firearm, and waiting to get cuffed and stuffed into a squad car for the ride.

I may ask witnesses to stick around for the police or for contact info.

May do first aid if appropriate

If I’m with a friend who I trust, I’ll have them take a pic of my USCCA card and ask them to call for me as I’ll likely be on with 911 operator.
    Venture Surplus ad

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Sorry but this shit is too funny. On a serious note and going back to the question. It sounds pedantic but all my guys that work in defense circles say try to stick with simple answers, if you can, until your get a "no bill" from the Grand Jury, " My actions were to neutralize a situation" . This gives them little to nothing they can get a fingernail under to pick your story apart.

Reactions: MTA

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Make sure the threat is stopped.
    If possible, get at some distance behind cover.
    Secure weapon if threat is immobilized.
    Wait on LE to arrive.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I woukdnt render first aid if I was “in fear for my life”
    Yeah if I shot them and they aint dead I aint rendering no aid. I see that as going out for dinner & getting pretty drunk, then the server ask if you want coffee. If I wanted coffee I wouldn't spend a small fourtune getting dunk. I would think hookers & blow would go best with either situation.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I woukdnt render first aid if I was “in fear for my life”

The real risk there is if you render aid and you're not a professional, the aggressor or his relatives can come after you with civil lawsuits if he dirtnaps or has any lifelong injuries because of your "incompetence". And that's in addition to them coming after you because you had to defend yourself against the innocent young man who was trying to get his life together.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Start the excavator
    IMG_0148[1].JPG

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Sorry but this shit is too funny. On a serious note and going back to the question. It sounds pedantic but all my guys that work in defense circles say try to stick with simple answers, if you can, until your get a "no bill" from the Grand Jury, " My actions were to neutralize a situation" . This gives them little to nothing they can get a fingernail under to pick your story apart.
    What do you mean by neutralize?
    What situation?

Using "tactical speech" just makes you look like someone who leaves un-reduced fractions on your maths homework.

He attacked me with X. I feared for my life and shot him several times. (You could add a "to protect myself/them") he eventually fell down and dropped the weapon so I attempted to provide first aid. (Or I didn't provide first aid because he still had the gun/knife in his hand and I didn't feel safe getting closer.)

Just say what you mean with normal words. A substantial part of my job is simply short non-fiction story writing.

"I was attempting to handcuff her and had her standing, pushed against the hood of the car to try and stop her from twisting away from me when she donkey kicked my knee so I took her from the standing position and threw her onto the ground, prone, so she could not kick me any more." Makes way more sense than trying to use jargon and "tactical speech that requires asking "what do you mean by that?".

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    The real risk there is if you render aid and you're not a professional, the aggressor or his relatives can come after you with civil lawsuits if he dirtnaps or has any lifelong injuries because of your "incompetence". And that's in addition to them coming after you because you had to defend yourself against the innocent young man who was trying to get his life together.
    Aunt speaking into the camara, "He had a job lined up, and he was getting his life together, he was going to start seeing his 6 kids and 5 baby mammas"

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    What do you mean by neutralize?
    What situation?

Using "tactical speech" just makes you look like someone who leaves un-reduced fractions on your maths homework.

He attacked me with X. I feared for my life and shot him several times. (You could add a "to protect myself/them") he eventually fell down and dropped the weapon so I attempted to provide first aid. (Or I didn't provide first aid because he still had the gun/knife in his hand and I didn't feel safe getting closer.)

Just say what you mean with normal words. A substantial part of my job is simply short non-fiction story writing.

"I was attempting to handcuff her and had her standing, pushed against the hood of the car to try and stop her from twisting away from me when she donkey kicked my knee so I took her from the standing position and threw her onto the ground, prone, so she could not kick me any more." Makes way more sense than trying to use jargon and "tactical speech that requires asking "what do you mean by that?".

"He was comin' at me like he was gonna do me some damage, so I blew a few holes in 'im till he saw the error of his ways."

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Not true in the least.

As long as the care applied was reasonable. I.e. things a normal, reasonable person would do you are very protected by the law.No thorocostomys, etc.

What looks better to a jury at your civil trial? You whistling dixie while someone who doesn't look like much of a threat is gurgling on their own blood as they die because you won't even roll them into a recovery position? Or you at least making a show of effort to show you didn't want them to die(even though we all can see its a normal wound)?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I say more in fear of blood pathegons & brain matter going to give me the Obama Pox, Butt flue or AIDS. Once at work some one got cut pretty good & left a trail of the red red goovy all over. Some ass clown in management ask why I didn't under aid. I said I'm not trained nor equipped and Butt Flue. I guess the Butt Flue comment pissed them of because they said clean it up. I told them Biohazzard remediation was not in my job discription. I went on to say the entire meat that was being processed inthe cutting room needed to be disposed of accordingly, before sanitation began. Then I reminded them that we had not received degreaser or sanitizer in a couple of months. I said I'm going home because I really don't want to see what'll don't do correctly.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I say more in fear of blood pathegons...

That too. Don't know where that kid's been. Plus the risk that he might attack you again once you get close enough to try to help.

As to "why didn't you do something", the answers should be simple. "My hands were shaking too hard - I had just defended my life against him", or "I don't really have the means or the training to do anything". I might try to roll him over so he doesn't drown in his own blood or something, but after someone attacks me I'm not going to be eager to close that distance again.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That too. Don't know where that kid's been. Plus the risk that he might attack you again once you get close enough to try to help.

As to "why didn't you do something", the answers should be simple. "My hands were shaking too hard - I had just defended my life against him", or "I don't really have the means or the training to do anything". I might try to roll him over so he doesn't drown in his own blood or something, but after someone attacks me I'm not going to be eager to close that distance again.
    Tell them you don't know the difference between a sucking chest wound & a sucking cock wound.

Top Bottom