DFW

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    This was all before my time - so when I heard the gal on the local radio news this morning announce his return to TX in a happy excited voice I wondered why. Now, after reading this thread, I needed to learn more so I searched and learned, and I can see why he'd appeal to libtard anti-gun press. He sounds like a real ass. Pffft.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not that Art is one of my favorite people, but he went into the Colorado position as a purely interim deal and wasn’t there full time as far as I know.

He’s still got his consultancy and I expect that’s where he’d prefer to be in an election year.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    That article went to great efforts to say nothing at all. Wonder if any charges or suits will follow him here....
    don't know, but he's coming home to some.

Art Acevedo, the former Houston Police Chief, has been subpoenaed for a federal civil lawsuit related to the botched drug raid on Harding Street in 2019, where Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas were killed in a shootout.

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    Acevedo was only hired on an Interim basis. He knew the day he started this appointment was temporary. He has a consultancy, and I expect this business is his source of income. He left Houston because Miami offered him a larger salary. He got cross-ways with politicians in Miami and had to leave.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    he actually wasn't that bad of a chief while here in Austin. then he got uppity and moved out for greener pastures to make his future and started making all those bad decisions. not sure I'd want him back after all that.

Yeah, he was great as long as you don't mind someone in power who wants to strip you of your rights. Avocado is vehemently against concealed carry, wished out loud that his officers could shoot first on seeing someone open carrying after the OC law was passed - the exact quote was "As long as the gun is in the holster we would have to wait, no matter what, until something bad happens. That is too bad." He referred to OC as "Open Season For Armed Criminals and Extremists" - that's what he titled his Twitter tantrum when the law was passed. He's also a strong supporter of expanding background checks. This is not "not that bad of a chief", this is a tyrant who wants to keep the populace "in check".

Then he went to Houston and covered up for a no-knock raid based only on a non-existent tip from a mythical paid informant with zero investigation or evidence, going so far as to lie about what weapons were found on the couple his cops murdered in cold blood and even claiming that a .357 magnum had been fired at officers as they entered...a pistol which magically ceased to exist afterward. The four firearms in the home were all still in a closet and nowhere near the couple the police killed or their dog which, of course, was immediately shot on entry. Again, this is a bad police chief.

There's no defending Acevedo on his record, his statements, or his complete lack of integrity. He's a piece of shit.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    he actually wasn't that bad of a chief while here in Austin. then he got uppity and moved out for greener pastures to make his future and started making all those bad decisions. not sure I'd want him back after all that.
    Uh he doesn't support the 2nd Amendment so he is an Unamerican POS. He believes the citizens should just suffer the criminals.

JGA177

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Austin
    Uh he doesn't support the 2nd Amendment so he is an Unamerican POS. He believes the citizens should just suffer the criminals.
    does that mean the citizens should suffer the dickheads in the Blue Line? he brought them under control, or at least perceived control, to the point where they seemed to act like a police officer should.
    as his comments about 2A.....

Top Bottom