• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From Colion Noir channel offers some tips for those not familiar how to plan for and comply with airline policy and federal regulations traveling on commercial airlines with firearms. Its not that hard once you have done it a time or two.

Ready to learn how to legally fly with a gun like a pro? Join Me in this comprehensive guide as I share my expert tips and insights on navigating the complexities of traveling with firearms. I’ve flown with a gun so many times that it honestly baffles me when people ask me if you’re allowed to fly with a gun? After I say yes, I’m even more baffled as I realize they mean can you bring the gun on the plane...[just not inside the plane with passengers]

My choice in gun safe was how heavy is it and how much space will it take up in suitcase.

Attachments

• 1410997941-SnapSafe-Treklite-Lock-Boxes-With-Key-Lock-2-pack-FDE-Black.jpg
      1410997941-SnapSafe-Treklite-Lock-Boxes-With-Key-Lock-2-pack-FDE-Black.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 63

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    The last time I flew from Houston to Phoenix I sat next to an obnoxious elderly Canadian woman who wouldn't shut up about how evil & stupid Conservative Texas was.

When we landed in Phoenix, she asked if I would carry her checked luggage from the carousel to the side walk.

I agreed, but when I got my suitcase off the carousel, I immediately popped it open and examined my Ruger P95 to make sure it was still in there.

The look of horror on her face was priceless. :cool:

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    I've flown with guns for years.
    #1 plan for extra time from ignorant employees that have no idea what the rules are. I've been delayed many times, and had to explain the rules to employees.
    #2 understand the laws at your destination, including what ammo is legal.
    #3 pray you don't get diverted to a state you are now breaking the laws. Like new jersey. Then you might be screwed. Read about the woman and the hollow points in New Jersey.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    There was a time when you could carry your sidearm on a commercial flight with no problem. It was not that long ago. Look it up.

The republic is dead.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I remember in the 70's at JFK airport in NY, you handed over your gun to the pilot to safekeep in the cabin. You should have seen the looks my friend got while carrying a cased rifle to his flight. I had long hair, he had an Afro. He was flying to Alaska and bringing his gun.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    In the 80's I was flying from Albany NY to FL with wife and kids for a vacation. I was bringing two of my silhouette pistols, in a gun case with the proper identification. They proceeded to put a large sticker on the case indicating a firearm. I get to FL and the case didn't come out with the luggage. I was panicking, found out it was secured in an office for pickup. Cool. Going home the opposite, the case came down the belt with all the other luggage.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I remember in the 70's at JFK airport in NY, you handed over your gun to the pilot to safekeep in the cabin. You should have seen the looks my friend got while carrying a cased rifle to his flight. I had long hair, he had an Afro. He was flying to Alaska and bringing his gun.
    Back in last century my dad took me from CT to Ohio to visit his mother and we brought two longs guns, percussion muzzle loader and double barrel side by side shotgun. All rusted etc. We just took them on the plane and stored them under the seats on return flight.

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    I fly with my pistol all the time. TSA has a video on how to do it. Just have a lot extra time and realize that different airports have different procedures. So, you have to be flexible. Also don't say to the baggage agent "I have a gun.". Say, " I want to declare a firearm."

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    From Colion Noir channel offers some tips for those not familiar how to plan for and comply with airline policy and federal regulations traveling on commercial airlines with firearms. Its not that hard once you have done it a time or two.

Ready to learn how to legally fly with a gun like a pro? Join Me in this comprehensive guide as I share my expert tips and insights on navigating the complexities of traveling with firearms. I’ve flown with a gun so many times that it honestly baffles me when people ask me if you’re allowed to fly with a gun? After I say yes, I’m even more baffled as I realize they mean can you bring the gun on the plane...[just not inside the plane with passengers]

My choice in gun safe was how heavy is it and how much space will it take up in suitcase.

<>

I have carried and/or brought guns all over the South & much of the West; both in my own airplane and in airliners.

Some advice: If flying scheduled Airlines, read-up on the TSA regs and the specific Airline regs for each carrier involved. It is also a good idea to check the State laws, too.

I make several copies of all applicable regs and place them in bags, plus a couple extra copies. I also carry passport, D.L., all State C.L’s I have & my Pilot’s License.

All too often the Airline employees are ignorant of both their own Airline’s regs, and of the applicable laws. You cannot depend on them. Do not argue with personnel, no matter how ignorant or arrogant they may be. Just keep asking for supervisors until you get a non-idiot.

If you get diverted to or through a gun-unfriendly state, ask the A/P Police to retrieve any bag carrying a weapon and take it to the next check-in desk, as you don’t want to be in possession, no matter how innocent.

One more thing: If you travel a lot, carry a heavy pre-addressed envelope with postage to ship something back to yourself via USPO or FedEx, in case you forget a nice knife in your pocket or jacket.

If going anywhere outside the USA, get very specific advice.

Bon Voyage

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Doug, as usual, Thanks.

But, sigh. . . . . . .

As an Elder & ex-Pilot, I recall the pre-Cooper days of traveling with a loaded .45 stuck in my waistband. . . . . .

And, NOTHING untoward ever happened.

Of course.

Our society is trying to replace individual responsibility, personal restraint, Judeo-Christian ethic, etc. with rules & laws.

Trickle-down CORRUPTION is killing the USA.

This is our ‘’new normal’’.

leVieux

<>

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    <>

Doug, as usual, Thanks.

But, sigh. . . . . . .

As an Elder & ex-Pilot, I recall the pre-Cooper days of traveling with a loaded .45 stuck in my waistband. . . . . .

And, NOTHING untoward ever happened.

Of course.

Our society is trying to replace individual responsibility, personal restraint, Judeo-Christian ethic, etc. with rules & laws.

Trickle-down CORRUPTION is killing the USA.

This is our ‘’new normal’’.

leVieux

<>

Sort of like the bad guy in movie Bullett 1968 starring Steve McQueen as Lt Bullett who confronts him on the plane. Guy pulls out his .45 etc. BTW: coolest car chase scene with music ever

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Tis the season we are all doing more air travel so TSA has this reminder from Bearing Arms blog;

TSA officials are expecting a very week of travels starting this weekend, and they have an ask for gun owners.

They are urging everyone to look through their bags to make sure they aren’t bringing a firearm to the checkpoint line.

If you bring a gun to the checkpoint, whether it’s an accident or not, you could be fined thousands of dollars, and lose your pre-check in privileges for five years.

If you want to travel with a firearm, you must declare it at the ticket counter, fill out a form, and check it with your luggage.

2edfe346-f2b3-47ae-8f83-b6f0293701cd-860x475.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Tis the season we are all doing more air travel so TSA has this reminder from Bearing Arms blog;

TSA officials are expecting a very week of travels starting this weekend, and they have an ask for gun owners.

They are urging everyone to look through their bags to make sure they aren’t bringing a firearm to the checkpoint line.

If you bring a gun to the checkpoint, whether it’s an accident or not, you could be fined thousands of dollars, and lose your pre-check in privileges for five years.

If you want to travel with a firearm, you must declare it at the ticket counter, fill out a form, and check it with your luggage.

View attachment 416007

<>
    I strongly recommend printing copies of both TSA regs and the specific Airline’s firearms policy and having them with you.

I haven’t had a problem is years, but once did back around 1980, when a new employee tagged my declared cased unloaded pistol and told me to go ahead & board with it. Instead, I went to the first uniformed Police Officer i saw.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Could someone decipher this:

‘’You cannot use firearm magazines or clips for packing ammunition unless they completely enclose the ammunition’’ ?

All of my mags have one cartridge partially ‘’exposed’’. . . . . .

Does someone make a ‘‘magazine cover’’ or ammo condom ?

Just asking for myself. . . . . .

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom