• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    This is the second time in 18 months, they busted the drivers side door lock of my F250; I saw the scum this time and he bailed out fast. My office faces the parking lot with my truck only 50 feet away, damn near came out the back door after him but thought better of it. Thankfully they did not get anything but damn it this sucks. Yes our offices are in Greenspoint, the truck is parked right next to the office with open windows and in the same complex as Texas Parks and Wildlife.

And to think, I almost got to try out part of the Texas penal code. :banghead:

Note to all of you guys who drive F-series trucks. The door lock cylinders are easily punched and turned over with a screw driver. GET BLANK PLATES! Wish I would have.
    Guns International

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    sorry to hear that! but you did the right thing, thats what full coverage is for.
    no danger to you, let it be, to many of us(by that i mean chl holders) are catching the blues from the news. But foe sure tie everything down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Get some 12ga rubber buckshot. It won't kill em. But he damn sure won't mess with the truck any more.

Just saying....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is the second time in 18 months, they busted the drivers side door lock of my F250; I saw the scum this time and he bailed out fast. My office faces the parking lot with my truck only 50 feet away, damn near came out the back door after him but thought better of it. Thankfully they did not get anything but damn it this sucks. Yes our offices are in Greenspoint, the truck is parked right next to the office with open windows and in the same complex as Texas Parks and Wildlife.

Note to all of you guys who drive F-series trucks. The door lock cylinders are easily punched and turned over with a screw driver. GET BLANK PLATES! Wish I would have.

That's sucks, smart move though. I'm not sure deadly force is legal under those conditions unless they get something that could not be replaced. Could be wrong but I wouldn't take the chance without knowing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring

Sucks about the break-in. My F250 has been violated 7 times. I finally replaced the front door latches with the "back door" version that has no key hole. I disconnected the rod that would connect the tumbler to the door lock. Now I have to use my key fob deal to unlock the doors. Upside is....my truck hasn't been hit since. (now that I say that I will be hit again tonight....)

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344285196.134608.jpg
    Here's a pic

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    One of the times my truck was hit was at Gander Mountain on the north side of Houston. It was mid bow season... I come out of the store and there's a head bobbing up and down in my truck. I drew down on him and he exited rather quickly and boogied saying "oh cheet, oh cheet, oh cheet"....fortunately he didn't get anything.
    The deputy that responded told me " you shoulda shot that sum-bitch". He had dropped the big screw driver he used to get in so I didn't feel I was still justified. The deputy said if you caught him attempting to steal your truck, your justified...
    After thinking it through several times, I would most likely have spent a lot of time and money in court defending myself while that dude was made out to be an alter boy...he was rifling thru my stuff, not messing with wiring.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Thanks for the words guys. I was thinking this weekend about selling the truck anyhow, diesel is killing me and my living is not dependent on a truck so I really don't need it. Plus it will free up more money for guns and ammo. But gotta get that darn handle fixed first.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Thanks for the words guys. I was thinking this weekend about selling the truck anyhow, diesel is killing me and my living is not dependent on a truck so I really don't need it. Plus it will free up more money for guns and ammo. But gotta get that darn handle fixed first.

Trade you for a pistol. :)

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

I used a 01 f250 with the 6.0ltr, 4x4 to move a few months ago. The fuel gauge moved faster then the speedometer. I feel your pain.

As for getting a black out plate, If they want in the thing. They'll just stick a screw driver under the handle plate, jacking the metal up. It's a famous problem with the trucks. There's more then the lock cylinder to worry about. You can get a metal plate that fits on the inside that blocks the rod....but that won't stop them from tearing the hell out of the door. As in having to reskin the door. Not just a little bit of bondo.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I used a 01 f250 with the 6.0ltr, 4x4 to move a few months ago. The fuel gauge moved faster then the speedometer. I feel your pain.

As for getting a black out plate, If they want in the thing. They'll just stick a screw driver under the handle plate, jacking the metal up. It's a famous problem with the trucks. There's more then the lock cylinder to worry about. You can get a metal plate that fits on the inside that blocks the rod....but that won't stop them from tearing the hell out of the door.

A buddy had an '04 GMC Sierra that got broken into when we were deployed, thief jammed a crow bar right under the plastic part of his handle and severely scratched and bent that part of the door up. Luckily he didn't have anything important in there because it was being stored but they got away with his cheap radio deck and an empty speaker box. If they want in they'll get in just don't let me catch them in the act.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    That sucks. Someone attempted that on my brothers F250 but they didnt get in that he could tell. He said he doesnt keep anything in there anyway so theres nothing to take.
    But wouldnt a nice bright LED from the alarm discourage this? Mine has worked so far. SO FAR.. lol
    If I blocked my keyhole, my luck would have it that the battery would die and im screwed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A buddy had an '04 GMC Sierra that got broken into when we were deployed, thief jammed a crow bar right under the plastic part of his handle and severely scratched and bent that part of the door up. Luckily he didn't have anything important in there because it was being stored but they got away with his cheap radio deck and an empty speaker box. If they want in they'll get in just don't let me catch them in the act.

Back when... I worked at a GM body shop repairing theft recovered cars. You 120% right. They will get in if they want to. Ive seen T-tops ripped out. A radio that was almost pryed out by a bar. Which defeated the purpose since it jacked the radio all to shit. Factory steering wheel locks defeated by a small bust on the steering column. All four tires stolen by using bricks to hold the car up. Let the air out and run. Sears sells a socket to remove locks. So they are a joke to buy anyway.

Good grief...POP a Lock makes a living unlocking stuff. Never think those boys don't tell friends how it's done either

Dealerships started adding a 6" concrete curb around the lot to keep the cars from disappearing. All that did was make the thieves steal trucks that could drive over it. You can see drag marks on the curbs.....look next time your around one...

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    Up until recently I had this '02 hyundai a reletive left at my house. A tree had fallen on it during Ike. This car was junk. I drove it often and since there was no AC the windows were always down. Parked it anywhere, even left stuff (not a gun) in the car. Nobody would even walk close to it. It was a good feeling having a POS. No worries. The motor mounts finally rusted off and the motor fell down, so I junked it. I may soon search out another rough looking junk with less rust. Its the perfect solution for Houston. You can get good, if scratched up parts on craigslist, as long as the part does not have a serial number. Its the circle of life.

Top Bottom