• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I'm 63 somewhat far sighted. But my left eye shifted somewhat, Right eye (dominant) stayed the same from my last eye exam last year. I can shoot with both eyes open. My EDC is a Ruger SR40C. It is specifically for SD. I have no interest in any kind of shooting matches. There is no one i need to impress. I do need to be able to (If the need arises, to get on target quickly and get bullets on same.) I hear a lot of pros & Cons on these sights. Mostly they help you acquire target quickly, BUT.... they are not as accurate as lets say Trijicon HD's . What say you. I'd like to make the investment, but yet i have never heard from anyone who has used them. I have only see pro & con videos.

XS-Sight-Systems-24-7-Big-Dot-Glock.jpg

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    Have these on my Glock 23.

Pros
    - Easy to install and includes tools. Nylon punch and 3/16" nut driver/itty bitty allen combo.
    - Glows well in low light
    - I was trained to acquire the target with the front sight, certainly makes it easier and faster.
    - Rear sight is anchored by two teeny allen set screws. Makes dialing it in, easy.

Cons
    - Can hang up on some holsters. Mine is Kydex, has a channel for the sight. If you're wearing leather, could be tight and may hang depending on the holster style.
    - Spendy. I think the $105 I paid for them is a lot for what you get.

Otherwise, they're good sights. No complaints here.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Ive seen a certain someone shoot pepper poppers at 100 yards wit them. I though about getting the smaller set to try, but never made the plunge.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    At the end of the day, they work fine. Wouldn't personally be my first choice but, they are also about the biggest and most visible sight set you can find, so worth considering for the visual issue alone. Having a consistent index of the gun on target, and having a consistent press out to the target goes a long way towards helping with some of the potential performance issues a person may or may not have with these sights. I may nitpick, because I tend to focus on and care about fine detail that may or may not matter all that much. At the end of the day, whatever works consistently and safely. Ultimately the intent and will is far more important anyways.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had a pistol with a set of those for a few years. There's a learning curve initially, but once you get past that they work as well as any normal sight system, and that front sight is really hard not to notice.

I also took 100+/- yard shots with that pistol with good results. The ability to shoot with both eyes opens helps a lot at longer distances with the Big Dot.

+1 to them being very bright in the dark. I always liked how the rear glowed as a vertical line and the front was a dot, made it real easy to figure out which went where, IMO.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Trijicon HD's look great, and I like the shape/design. Only problem I have is that front sight is pretty wide at 0.140". So far I'm finding ~0.115-0.125" works well and strikes a good balance between speed and accuracy. The wider fronts kind of suck for shooting at distance though since they obscure so much of the target.

And yes, I have complaints about everything. It's what I do. ;)

Top Bottom