Please reply by conversation.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry for your loss.

I spent a lot of time there in the 90s, even back when it was just the left side. I am sure I met your dad many times.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Did I miss the prices? How much for each caliber or what is the price for all 11k rounds?
    I think prices are required to be posted with the ad. Yep, Rule #5.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OP - I don't want to be a jerk about it. You just lost your dad and I know how that makes it hard on a person.

But Axxe55 is right. The rules of this forum require you publish prices.

So...what to do? I'm willing to cut you a lot of slack on this but you need to post at least a range into which your prices will fall. There's nothing to prevent you from negotiating with individual buyers but you need to at least make a nod toward the rule about prices or, after a bit, I'll be forced to remove this thread.

I hope that won't be necessary and I wish you the best of luck on your sales.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Welcome to the forum. My condolences for your loss. You may want to check online ammo prices of the new ammo you inherited so as not to sell it too low. As for the reloads, I cannot speak about them - no experience but it seems Texas1911 already gave you some good advice on those.

As for the guns you inherited, if you plan to sell them you may want to sign up for an account with GunBroker.com. Once you do that, you can run an advanced search for completed sales/auctions for each gun you plan to sell. The search results show the number of model gun you are querying that have been sold on GB over the course of the last year and show for how much each sold. That way you can get a good idea of what they are going for.
    ... Yeah, but post them up for sale here first please

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Why do people think it's their job to tell someone who to sell to and how to be safe when the seller never asked? Wanna sell reloaded ammo? Go ahead. It's not up to you what someone does with it as long as the buyer knows it's not factory.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Why do people think it's their job to tell someone who to sell to and how to be safe when the seller never asked? Wanna sell reloaded ammo? Go ahead. It's not up to you what someone does with it as long as the buyer knows it's not factory.

I know who I am a grumpy questioning, skeptical SOB; yet, I'm a person willing to share my knowledge, what limited amount I have, about buying and selling guns & ammo pretty freely. I am sure some others in this tread are the same. There was absolutely nothing wrong, in my opinion, with another poster in this thread telling the OP his opinion about how to safely handle sales of his ammo and about what to do with reloads. This is a forum in which we share our views and knowledge and often make suggestions based upon our knowledge and or opinion. It is what is done in forums. I don't think anyone but maybe you sees it as our job to accomplish anything here.

f86sabre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Wylie
    My father passed away a couple of weeks ago and I inherited his guns and ammo (and holsters and grips). I have just about finished going through it and have over 11k rounds of .357, .38, 9mm, 40cal, .22, .223, and 12 gauge. About 2/3 of it is reloaded and the rest is in original packaging. I don't really know what to do with it all, so if any of you are interested, please let me know. I will be happy to arrange a time for you to come over and peruse.

BTW, my father worked at the Bullet Trap in Plano during the 90's as his "retirement" job. So if you were ever in there I am sure you have met him.

Thanks,

David Gorham
    Hi David,

Very sorry to hear of your Dad’s passing.
    I lived in Plano all through the 90’s and went to Bullet Trap a lot.
    Most likely met and talked to your Dad on several occasions.

I would be interested in what type of guns he had when you get time.

You can shoot me a PM or email me anytime.

Thank You
    Doug

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom