• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badfish

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    San Antonio,TX
    Initially, I was ready to jump on the wagon and bust on the OP....then I reread what you had posted. Sorry - but when you're going to WAIT to send payment until "a day or 2 before" he ships, then IMO you had no real deal. Had you immediately sent payment, they'd he'd have been wrong - but all he had from you was a half-hearted promise to pay....

Please think about it - put yourself in the sellers' shoes - would YOU have been comfortable with that? If you check around w/others on this board I've dealt with, when I say "I'll take it", my payment is sent ASAP.

I will concede that the term douche bag may not have been appropriate, I think weasel would have been better looking back.

The reason I'm getting the bashing has only to do with the fact that I called out redneck for impugning my character.

OK, so using the term douche bag was a little strong IMO, I feel you had a valid point to simply let others know that the deal fell through and it could happen in the future.

I see nowhere in TR first post where he called out your "character", he simply stated the facts of what happened.

This is where you go wrong IMO, you get your panties in an wad because you realize that TR is right and didn't like it and snapped back at him and say "screw you"(classy by the way)

Shit happens, its not the end of the world, nobody "attacked" you until you were an A** hole to TR. Grow up, get over it and move on.
    Did you have a small point to make? YES I agree about the verbal agreement, but in reality no 100% "deal" was ever made.
    Gun Zone Deals

TXchoctaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    Initially, I was ready to jump on the wagon and bust on the OP....then I reread what you had posted. Sorry - but when you're going to WAIT to send payment until "a day or 2 before" he ships, then IMO you had no real deal. Had you immediately sent payment, they'd he'd have been wrong - but all he had from you was a half-hearted promise to pay....

Please think about it - put yourself in the sellers' shoes - would YOU have been comfortable with that? If you check around w/others on this board I've dealt with, when I say "I'll take it", my payment is sent ASAP.

OK, so using the term douche bag was a little strong IMO, I feel you had a valid point to simply let others know that the deal fell through and it could happen in the future.

I see nowhere in TR first post where he called out your "character", he simply stated the facts of what happened.

This is where you go wrong IMO, you get your panties in an wad because you realize that TR is right and didn't like it and snapped back at him and say "screw you"(classy by the way)

Shit happens, its not the end of the world, nobody "attacked" you until you were an A** hole to TR. Grow up, get over it and move on.
    Did you have a small point to make? YES I agree about the verbal agreement, but in reality no 100% "deal" was ever made.

Well, I don't guess you and I see things the same way.

And as far as the mags themselves, I don't care, I just wanted to make sure someone else would not get hit by this guy.

And if a verbal agreement means nothing to you, then I'm glad to know this, because if you ever offer anything for sale...I will steer clear of your offer.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have done business with Texas Red Neck and our deals took weeks to complete. When I give my word on a deal, it's sold and if someone wants the items for more money........I'll tell the person that the things are "sold!" TXR is the same way and a great guy to do business with. Listen to him....you might learn something.

If the seller contacted you, told you the situation and asked if you would release him from your deal, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Now, sir................ I don't know if you like it around here but if you make a disagreement PERSONAL by calling people names or telling them "Screw You!" you're going to get banned from the forum. Consider that one "sold!"

Flash

Top Bottom