• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    We have many popular, harder to find Glocks in stock: G42, G43, G26, G19 (Gen 3&4, black and FDE), G30, G17, G19 MOS. All MAP priced and only 7.25% sales tax. Interestingly, Academy is selling the Glock 17 Gen 4 for $569 while we have it for $539...plus the 1% lower sales tax. Guess they're following the Gander Mtn business model.
    Gun Zone Deals

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    We have many popular, harder to find Glocks in stock: G42, G43, G26, G19 (Gen 3&4, black and FDE), G30, G17, G19 MOS. All MAP priced and only 7.25% sales tax. Interestingly, Academy is selling the Glock 17 Gen 4 for $569 while we have it for $539...plus the 1% lower sales tax. Guess they're following the Gander Mtn business model.

Academy is selling the G42 for $425. What is your price?

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Academy is selling the G42 for $425. What is your price?

I'm not at the store right now (I'm there a lot, but not at 12:16am), but if I remember correctly, it's like $399 or $419 or something like that. I know we beat Academy on it. And even if Academy was cheaper (which they never are on Glocks), we can match anything plus save the 1% on sales tax, so figure that in as a small bonus.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I'm not at the store right now (I'm there a lot, but not at 12:16am), but if I remember correctly, it's like $399 or $419 or something like that. I know we beat Academy on it. And even if Academy was cheaper (which they never are on Glocks), we can match anything plus save the 1% on sales tax, so figure that in as a small bonus.

Sounds like a good deal. I already have one but several friends are interested. I'll have them contact you.
    Jimbo

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Sounds like a good deal. I already have one but several friends are interested. I'll have them contact you.
    Jimbo

Please do!

Had two customers in today. One was picking up a beautiful Colt 1903 he transferred in. He saw my Glock 43 in the case and said "I wish I checked you guys first...I just paid $30 more at Academy 2 weeks ago." He did buy another mag for it, and some ammo for the 1903. While he's standing there, another guy walks in and says "your prices are pretty good. I just got my wife a XD Mod.2 in 45 from Gander Mtn." (It grates on my nerves when I hear that). "How much was it?" I replied. "I think it was like $550." So I showed him that we had the exact same gun for $520, and we are 1% lower in sales tax. He says, "so it's about the same." ????? $35 cheaper out the door here is "about the same"? I need to go up on my prices then! I barely make $35 on that gun at that price. Sure would be nice to double my profit.

We just need to get the word out and get the volume up. I don't mind being cheapest, but we need to be busy to make up for it.

Incidentally, I had the chance to buy two more Glock 43s from the distributor this week. I passed since we have one in stock right now. If you have more than one person who wants one, they need to let me know and commit to it so I can jump on it when they come available. Still a little hard to get sometimes, but I get stuff on specific request all the time (Armalite AR50, Desert Eagle 50AE w 10" barrel, Auto Ordinance Tommy gun...all this week just as examples).

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Good prices. Hopefuly I'll swing by next time I'm in Houston. Have you ever sold at a gun show in San Antonio?

Never done a gun show yet. They have a decent one in Conroe and a not-as-decent one in The Woodlands. Both are fairly close to us. I considered doing those shows to help popularize our business. Here's the inside scoop:

Tables are $80 per 8ft table. You're required to be there both days. IF I only got a single 8' table, plus the value of my time (employee wages, call it), then I'd need to generate about $300 in profit (or about $2500 in sales) to justify the excursion. But that's just in direct payback. For me, I'd see it as advertising more than a sales opportunity. My pitch would be "why pay $10 to go to a show, maybe more for parking, and then a credit card fee, and likely higher than normal prices...and have to do it just 2 days in a three month period? You could come to my store any day of the week (except Sunday) and you'll get a better price, no upcharges, free parking, and lower sales tax." So that's why I want to hit some local shows. The problem is that they are so booked with vendors that you have to physically go and stand in line and HOPE a spot opens up for the NEXT show and pay/reserve then. No waiting list. No over the phone or email me if there's a spot. It's like the 1930s going to the docks with 100 other people and 2 people get picked to work that day.

So if I can get in the shows, that'd be cool for advertising, but I wouldn't be that guy with 40 tables and $1mm in merchandise.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Advertising is not cheap but well worth the money.IMO
    I guess it depends. I called up KTRH to advertise on the radio like during Michael Berry's show. $10k/month!!! A table at a show is about $80 per table per show, but the audience is clearly your target market. I ran a coupon in a local coupon mailer for $600...got nothing out of it.

Advertising isn't cheap, but it is if it works. Of course, "works" means that you get more than you spend. If I sold one box of ammo for that $600 ad, it still wouldn't have worked. But if it generated $10k in sales, then $600 would have looked pretty cheap.

All about return on investment I guess.

Top Bottom