• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That's a nice collection. I have a 30-30 I can send. I have 22 Jet cases, but not loaded rounds. Interested?
    Target Sports

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    rp-
    Yep, a Dan Wesson revolver.... a seriously beefy firearm. It was exhausting to shoot more than about 20 rounds through it. It was fun to shoot but the sheer weight is the reason I no longer own it.
    The weight and porting definitely kept the recoil in check though.

View attachment 30484

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I don't know anything about the a-square but I've heard tales of its mystical powers.

Well sir, I grossly underestimated their mysticism (and the price associated with it). 500 A-square, 22LR and unicorn tears are all about the same.

In other words, I have failed miserably.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If any of you guys, with rounds he wants, are going to Hicksville - bring them and can bring them to rp- (or at least a lot closer.) He PM'd me and is going to be through here on Halloween.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    HAHAHA!! Unicorn tears!

My daughters think rainbows come from unicorn farts. This artist rendering helped:

562f12ee3307f5bcb625952d3db9cf49.jpg

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Thanks to those who have helped. I've picked up a handful if new rounds for my collection. Most notably I have found info on a round I have which I have tried to ID for some years now.

Thanks to dubiousdan for your help. You lead me to a 297/250 rook. In my research I found my round was one very similar and through flagoogling and finding pictures of the 297/250 I found it sitting next to the one I had. After digging further I found the cartridge I have is a 297/230 morris short! Thanks to ammo-one I was able to pickup some background info. I may need to write a short wiki article with the dimensions!

If anyone else has anything I may be able to barter or buy please let me know.

Thanks again dubiousdan!!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Oh, and I took a couple pictures of a book dubious brought when we met. One was a page with the dimensions of the 297/250 took and on the same page a couple lines up was the specs for the morris! That's what nailed it for me :-)

Everyone needs a hobby

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    You should have a package delivered to you tomorrow. Added a half dozen more to the list you already have.

Got one in there I have not been able to 100% identify, so you research is not done :)

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    ...everyone needs a hobby !!

I'll figure it out sometime and let you know what it is... I must admit I'm very intrigued though

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Oh, it's nothing really exciting. Probably a common interwar period cartridge. Just don't have access to a book to properly identify it. Got two more, so if you figure it out, let me know. Might have to dig up an old thread I started in some cartridges I needed help with to see if it's in there.

Ok, found the old thread, it was not one of those in that one. So it is probably just a cool old bullet, nothing to write home about.
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/general-firearms-ammo/37971-ammunition-idendification-help.html

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I just received one from a guy on accident that o OKs like it might be an 8mm Mauser with a rim. I haven't had a chance to mic it yet but its very similar to the Mauser aside from the rim. I was talking with a guy over on the gunboards forum who said he was going to send me an 8mm Mauser with a rim last week but I haven't gotten anything. Though I also haven't checked my mail in a few days.....

I broke down and bought another box of 4.6x30 rounds from academy yesterday too. I'm starting to think I might be interested in an ar platform to shoot the little fellers. At 15.99$ for a box its about half of what the 5.7x28 is going for. Worst case scenario I'll stock up and pile a few hundred in a dark corner for a few years and see if they get popular.

I also have bought a couple extra boxes of 16ga shells for my old break open. I e joy the shotgun and know that I'm not going to find the rounds this cheap again for a while. Better to have and not need I suppose?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Oh, and I took a couple pictures of a book dubious brought when we met. One was a page with the dimensions of the 297/250 took and on the same page a couple lines up was the specs for the morris! That's what nailed it for me :-)

Everyone needs a hobby

Glad it helped.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Is anyone near Sportsman's Finest in Bee Cave?? A few years ago they had an Anzio Ironworks 20mm. Wonder if they still have rounds for it. That would be a nice addition to a collection.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Is anyone near Sportsman's Finest in Bee Cave?? A few years ago they had an Anzio Ironworks 20mm. Wonder if they still have rounds for it. That would be a nice addition to a collection.
    +1 it would be awesome to get one of those that was live. I have a feeling it might cost more than the 55boys though...
    8x57R (8mm rimmed) was popular in Europe. 8x57RmmJS Mauser

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    +1 it would be awesome to get one of those that was live. I have a feeling it might cost more than the 55boys though...

Maybe not, Anzio sells the live practice rounds for $10, tracer for $15 and have AP available. However that is in quantity, not singly.

If someone checks with Anzio, see what the price of the 20mm necked down to a .50 is also.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom