• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Spring, TX (HoustonMetro)
    My Fellow Texans,

I am moving to NewYorkistan due to my job. They are transferring me. If you don't know, they are not the most gun friendly. The AWB is still in effect over there. I am not going to get rid of my AR. I NEED PRE-BAN AR-15 magazines.. Does anyone have any, they would like to part with... let me know.

Thanks

Stag.
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He needs magazines that were made before 94. How they would know is beyond me, I don't think GI mags have dates.Hope you don't have your heart set on bringing your handgun with you. There are other jobs you know...

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    gi mags do have dates. some even say leo/mil usr only. i dont remember if it was before during or after when they started stamping dates. i think it was during.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    All my GI mags have dates.

a6934895-ae18-0140.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I got a few used ones left over from my days in the Army, (under the first Bush administration). Not sure how you can tell other than my word about that. They work fine. Just checked, some of mine have dates, quite a few don't.

Even found a pair of Eagle Beta-Mags (no, not those----the older 30 round crappy ones made of clear plastic in 1989.). Not worth much here with all the P-Mags available but could be valuable to you in NY.

Basically you need magazines made before September 13, 1994, right????

Let me know if interested, I am close to Spring, sure we can work something out.

Stag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    @ M.Sage - yeah man, I hear you. My handguns will have to stay behind until a Six Month grace period is over. Then I have to send them to an NY FFL, where they sit in "gun time out" before I can get them. I wish I could say "screw you to my company" but its either that, or job hunting... on a plus side, they are giving me a raise.

As far as I know, and all the research I have done has given me the info, that - Prior to Sept 13, 1994 (pre-AWB ban) all magazines were not marked with a date, unless used by a MIL Surp contracted vendor. If they were made by some other vendor, they were not marked. Some have a date, some do not.During the BAN, the feds told all the vendors to mark dates on them.
    Now - this is info I pulled from the internet, and other NY forums.. take that with a grain of salt and tequila/lime. Who knows.. ALL i know is this.. I need some pre-ban mags, before Sept 13, '94. I don't want trouble with NY LEO.

Acera - PM sent.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    That was my understanding....if they have dates, the dates need to be pre-ban. If they don't have dates, the LEO can only assume they are pre-ban.

Stag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    I hope that pay for the relocate AND give you a raise. Cost of living there is insane compared to TX...

Orbie, yep they are paying for relocation/raise and getting promoted. Cost of living is higher. New York has state income tax, which sucks. I am getting shipped to Upstate New York, cost of living is similar to the Austin Metro area. Still not great though.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    @ M.Sage - yeah man, I hear you. My handguns will have to stay behind until a Six Month grace period is over. Then I have to send them to an NY FFL, where they sit in "gun time out" before I can get them. I wish I could say "screw you to my company" but its either that, or job hunting... on a plus side, they are giving me a raise.

As far as I know, and all the research I have done has given me the info, that - Prior to Sept 13, 1994 (pre-AWB ban) all magazines were not marked with a date, unless used by a MIL Surp contracted vendor. If they were made by some other vendor, they were not marked. Some have a date, some do not.During the BAN, the feds told all the vendors to mark dates on them.
    Now - this is info I pulled from the internet, and other NY forums.. take that with a grain of salt and tequila/lime. Who knows.. ALL i know is this.. I need some pre-ban mags, before Sept 13, '94. I don't want trouble with NY LEO.

Acera - PM sent.

Born and raised in NY, do not take your handguns at all until IF/when you get a NY permit (issued by a judge). POSSESSING a handgun without one is a felony in NY. I doubht much has changed since I left. No mags for any pistol over ten rounds.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    How do you want to pay for them ... at pre-ban prices or post-ban prices?

Seriously, after the ban, nine-dollar twenty round mags sold for $30 - $40 each.

M1A mags went from $29 each to $79.

Top Bottom