• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXC1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    Houston
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a lower end pistol or revolver (Hi Points are okay). I will be taking my CHL class this summer and unfortunately I had to sell my Glock last semester to pay for college expenses. If you happen to have something for sale please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Area: Houston
    Price: $150 and under
    Lynx Defense

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Are you settling for a Saturday night special just so you have something to shoot in the CHL class? Why not borrow a gun (the instructor may even rent guns), then buy what you really want once you get your CHL? These days it's taking about 2.5-3 months to receive the actual license in the mail.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    You know you can only carry a revolver if you qualify with a revolver, don't you? If you qualify with a semi-auto, you can carry semi-auto or revolver. I would follow Alex's advice and rent a semi-auto to qualify for the CHL and then look at buying something later when you have the funds.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Borrow or rent.

Good chance a $150 gun won't function enough to get through the short qualification strings.

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    My instructor at Sportsman Outlet in Humble handed everybody that had a revolver a Glock to take the qualification with. He had about 4 or 5 pistols in his bag. Like alexrex20 said, rent one from the range or borrow one from a friend.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Then you falsified govt documents and your CHL is null and void.

(you really need to recognize sarcasm when presented ;) )

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    You know. There are more and more people around Texas that came from states where gun owners and child molesters need to be registered. They honestly may not understand that a 4473 is not a registration, yet. We need to be nice, and introduce them to gun trader sites where they can buy a nice used gun in the supermarket parking lot by having a Dl and promising they are not criminals. Often even less. I love Texas.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Let this be a lesson. Stay active and get to know folks here. Then borrowing a gun would be no problem. Specially while there are so many of us in your area

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Let this be a lesson. Stay active and get to know folks here. Then borrowing a gun would be no problem. Specially while there are so many of us in your area

This.

TXC1500, I'm assuming you drive a Chevy 1/2ton. While I agree with your purchase in a Chevy, I can't say I agree with your decision in the 2WD instead of a 4x4. ;) With that said, come out to our Houston area get-togethers and get to know us. I'd gladly let you borrow one of my guns to qualify for your CHL.

TXC1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    Houston
    This.

TXC1500, I'm assuming you drive a Chevy 1/2ton. While I agree with your purchase in a Chevy, I can't say I agree with your decision in the 2WD instead of a 4x4. ;) With that said, come out to our Houston area get-togethers and get to know us. I'd gladly let you borrow one of my guns to qualify for your CHL.

I inherited the Chevy from grandparents (I don't plan on ever getting rid of it) so I didn't have much of a choice in picking the drivetrain (K1500 would of been nice lol). I'll try and make it out to some stuff this summer, however I spend a majority of my year in New Orleans since that is where I attend school.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I wouldn't expect you to make a 300 Mike trip for simple range meets. Look at your join date and then your post count. Stay engaged

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    You could probably pick up a hi-point 380 semi auto for around $150 brand new. My LGS had them all day long at that price. Now I'm not going to recommend it as an ever day carry weapon, but it would get you qualified.

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

Top Bottom