DK Firearms

WTB: I need a blow gun with poison darts like that are used in the Amazon jungle

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 98f150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    I need a blow gun with poison darts like I saw on TV being used down in the Amazon jungle to kill monkeys.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I was a pre-teenager, perhaps 13, I went to a church in Chicago. There was a church event where some missionaries came from S. America (Quito Ecuador) and talked to the church crowd. The missionaries had some items that they brought back from the jungle which included an honest-to-God poison dart blowgun! After the program, the crowd moved on and everyone was circled around the visitors in another room ......except for ME!

I picked up the blowgun and checked it out. The blowgun was about 4 feet long and about 2" in diameter. The mouthpiece was a round piece of wood about 3" in diameter and about 3" long. The tube was wood and looked like the bore was hollowed out then the two halves put together and wrapped with some kind of dark brown fiber.

The darts were about 12 inches long and looked like a small strip of bamboo. I had been to Florida many times and recognized Bamboo. The front 1" of the dart had a black tar looking substance on it. I'm guessing that was the poison. There was no fin or vane on the dart which wasn't truly round in shape.

I couldn't keep my hands off of anything back then (nothing has changed!) so I just had to try it! I put a dart in the blowgun, brought it to my lips and gave a small puff..........and I mean a SMALL puff. That damned dart flew all the way across the big room and stuck in a curtain in the far side from me! I just barely puffed on the thing! Holy crap what a weapon!

I ran over, pulled the dart out of the curtain and returned the whole mess back to where it belonged before I got my ass whipped BUT........Flash had a chance to fire an honest to goodness S American jungle, poison dart gun!

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    When I was a pre-teenager, perhaps 13, I went to a church in Chicago. There was a church event where some missionaries came from S. America (Quito Ecuador) and talked to the church crowd. The missionaries had some items that they brought back from the jungle which included an honest-to-God poison dart blowgun! After the program, the crowd moved on and everyone was circled around the visitors in another room ......except for ME!

I picked up the blowgun and checked it out. The blowgun was about 4 feet long and about 2" in diameter. The mouthpiece was a round piece of wood about 3" in diameter and about 3" long. The tube was wood and looked like the bore was hollowed out then the two halves put together and wrapped with some kind of dark brown fiber.

The darts were about 12 inches long and looked like a small strip of bamboo. I had been to Florida many times and recognized Bamboo. The front 1" of the dart had a black tar looking substance on it. I'm guessing that was the poison. There was no fin or vane on the dart which wasn't truly round in shape.

I couldn't keep my hands off of anything back then (nothing has changed!) so I just had to try it! I put a dart in the blowgun, brought it to my lips and gave a small puff..........and I mean a SMALL puff. That damned dart flew all the way across the big room and stuck in a curtain in the far side from me! I just barely puffed on the thing! Holy crap what a weapon!

I ran over, pulled the dart out of the curtain and returned the whole mess back to where it belonged before I got my ass whipped BUT........Flash had a chance to fire an honest to goodness S American jungle, poison dart gun!

Flash

So, that's one blow job you're glad didn't come of anything?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    So, that's one blow job you're glad didn't come of anything?

Yup. It was probably a good thing to puff instead of inhale. The damned dart could cause some problems!................... snicker

Flash

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    A) Buy regular dart gun from internet.
    B) Poop in a cup.
    C) Dip darts in poo.
    D) Shoot Monkey.
    E) Wait.

Might not be as quick as on TV, but it will happen eventually if you did it right.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ah! The joys of internet forums.
    Just last week some Iranian car salesman in Corpus Christi NEEDED a drug cartel member.
    LOL!!!

Top Bottom