• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Should I find one, I'll torture test it WITH you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun. If you do buy a new one and break it, they do have a pretty good warranty. And if it rocks and rolls without any major hiccups, I will amend my position on hi-point to make an exception for their rifles.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would not keep any gun I owned available for theft. Spend a couple of bucks if you are going to leave a gun in your vehicle unattended and make it just a little harder than breaking a window to steal it.

I don't want my windows broken so I leave the doors unlocked. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't want my windows broken so I leave the doors unlocked. ;)

When I lived in Detroit, this was a common practice. It was not unusual for signs in windshields stating "No radio, door unlocked" as many times every car on a block would have the windows smashed out( except the ones with the signs)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There was never much crime in the town I grew up in, but my dad always had the policy of leaving the doors unlocked.

Some kids decided to be stupid one night and broken to cars our area stealing CDs. Any kicked cars had broken windows and missing CDs. Unlocked cars just had missing CDs. Always made sense to me after that.

I do lock doors in public areas where a window getting busted would draw attention.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Guys, I didn't say I wouldn't make it difficult to steal.

I cable it to the floor.

If and when I run into a 30.06 posting that I can't avoid (court room for jury duty, most ER's, hospitals and now my doctor's office) I keep a lock box and cable to lock up my pistol in before I go in.

Doing all that doesn't mean it can't be stolen, sheesh..

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    I bought the 9mm carbine for a truck gun. I've shot it around 300 rounds without a hiccup. To me, it's so ugly it's beautiful.

There was a saying we used back when we were kids that said Ya look like ya' don been beat with an ugly stick, Well, Glad I read this thread in it's entirety and should I decide to buy one, I'll make sure I refer to it as being beat with a Ugly Stick. In truth, it will fill in the gap between a my 9mm HG and my M1 30 Cal which I can't fire at most pistol ranges.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Because the Hi Point is a simple blowback cycling system it requires that very heavy slide. The heavy slide is also very susceptible to limp wristing and requires a firm grip. Novice shooters are timid and tend to limp wrist. Its not the gun (as usual) it's the operator.
    Take apart a Hi Point carbine apart and you will find an action remarkably similar to their pistols. The carbines have the reputation of going bang every time. In the hands of the average shooter their pistols have the same rep.
    The beloved 1911 will not perform for the timid either. It is however forgiven cause it's purdy All Hi Points are ugly.
    NSA DISCLAIMER: And yes I own one, I mean owned one, but of course now I have no guns at all. If you see me at the range I borrowed or rented the guns.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    That's what happened to me. Lost everything.

Why do you think that I'm looking at cheap hi point carbines now?!?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Its not the gun (as usual) it's the operator.
    s.
    Oh really? How many classes have you taught or been in that a HP pistol has gone the distance? I shared my experiences with them from an instructor's view. I have never shot a HP that functioned properly( granted, the only ones I have shot have been the ones that have failed to complete a 50 round course of fire in one of my classes, some of which were new in the box)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've never had a HiPoint fail in a class I was teaching.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've never had a HiPoint fail in a class I was teaching.

lol. Ok, I'll play. How many shooting classes have you taught and how many HP pistols did you have over the course of these classes and how many of them went through the qualifying course of fire without malfunctioning ?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've taught no classes. None of them had HiPoints. None of the HiPoints malfunctioned.

Top Bottom