Jun 1, 2011
    Ellis County
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446934108.520680.jpg

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Johnfrank i ALMOST bought that one since the 04662 stopped production in july. I believe its about 6 oz heavier than the lightweight (im not q huge dude so it matters) .Great choice, love the blue finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonFrankMc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Ellis County
    Johnfrank i ALMOST bought that one since the 04662 stopped production in july. I believe its about 6 oz heavier than the lightweight (im not q huge dude so it matters) .Great choice, love the blue finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly understand the internal battle between the 2. I personally like the Novak style sights you have but compromised because I personally like the round commander hammer and no front slide serrations.

Can't go wrong with either!

I lucked out. My gun is what seems to be a "rare" Colt variation with a beavertail vs rat tail and front strap serrations.

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    That light weight Colt is sweet!
    If I were to buy another 1911 for carry it would definitely be a light weight. I had a Kimber super carry pro for a couple years, I remember when I was looking for that one the Kimber Pro Aegis II in 9mm was at that same shop. I was very close to grabbing that one, really nice gun. A bit more cash but nice.

Out of the others, I'd go Springfield. Had a girlfriend that bought the Springfield champ in 45acp, that was a great gun, very nice fit and finish.

Last edited:

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    That light weight Colt is sweet!
    If I were to buy another 1911 for carry it would definitely be a light weight. I had a Kimber super carry pro carry for a couple years, I remember when I was looking for that one the Kimber Pro Aegis II in 9mm was at that same shop. I was very close to grabbing that one, really nice gun. A bit more cash but nice.

Out of the others, I'd go Springfield. Had a girlfriend that bought the Springfield champ in 45acp, that was a great gun, very nice fit and finish.

kimber pro carry 2 in 9mm stainless was one i was considering as well. Great looking gun

Top Bottom