• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I prefer the longoer wheelbase of the xj. I disagree with the post above. There are forums dedicated to the xj platf

There's a solution to that, called the Unlimited...

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

Truth is, the only "real" Jeep is the Wrangler; everything else just has a Jeep badge on it...

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nothing to serious, no rock crawling or anything. Light off road stuff and things of that sort. I was lurking on a jeep forum and saw this and really liked it.

asabaduj.jpg

That's sweet, and more than capable if you ever do want to do any serious offroading!

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    There's a solution to that, called the Unlimited...

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

Truth is, the only "real" Jeep is the Wrangler; everything else just has a Jeep badge on it...

Cheers! M2

Yeah if I could find one. I rarely see them, and when I do the price tag is too much. That would be my first choice (besides cj8). I had a 04 tj on 35s with 4:56 and a rear detroit. It wheeled good, but my xj's on 33s seemed to climb the steep obstacles easier. I always chalked it up to the wheelbase.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    A kid I went to school with had an envoy. Apparently if you are at a steep enough incline going sideways the computer thinks the car flipped over and it sets off the airbags.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah if I could find one. I rarely see them, and when I do the price tag is too much. That would be my first choice (besides cj8). I had a 04 tj on 35s with 4:56 and a rear detroit. It wheeled good, but my xj's on 33s seemed to climb the steep obstacles easier. I always chalked it up to the wheelbase.

Really? I am actually surprised at how many LJs I see on the road considering that they were only made for three years (2004-06) and only 46,492 were built. When I bought mine back in 2007, I found two nearly identical ones at separate dealerships (VW on Bandera Road and Ancira Jeep). This first one was a stick shift and had a chromed grill and matching flares, the second was an auto with no chrome or painted flares. I test drove both and decided on the auto, which is much better for offroading. I still see them for sale on occasion, you just have to keep an eye out although they are getting tougher and tougher to find and you are right, the prices haven't gone down in five years. Mine will have to be destroyed or stolen for me to part with it...

Cheers! M2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And? For every XJ on the trail, there are 20 Wranglers.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

So what? Truthfully, the YJ isn't going to be terribly more capable than the XJ, and the TJ is only marginally so. The XJ is still a very good off-road platform. The biggest advantage that the Wrangler has is its shorter wheel base.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've been looking for a jeep online and I found 100 dollar mans website. Seriously considering a bobbed deuce now, only problem where the hell would I park that thing.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Dare I say, the only people that wheel Cherokees are people that already had a Cherokee, and then got the bug. If you have a clean slate and you want to build a trail rig, you start with a Wrangler, not a Cherokee.
    Not true, I sought out Cherokees and currently have a XJ, WJ, and ZJ Some more built than others. All do what I need them to do, i.e. going places cars/pickups cannot.

But that doesn't outwigh the downside of having a UNIBODY and shit for tire clearance. You can stretch a wheelbase on a Wrangler, but you can't easily put a frame into a Cherokee. If you're into it that much, then it's not a Cherokee anymore.
    This is the second time you mentioned XJs' being unibody. You must really like frames..... Most people dont care, most people who go offroad still dont care. Hard to follow this logic but most people who go offroading do very little to nothing to upgrade their ride, all it come down to is..... They want it to do what it needs to.
    The lj is my favorite. Well actually the cj8 but I doubt I will ever be able to own 1

LJ Rubicon > *
    Yeah, LJ rocks.... get it, my name... I rock... oh nevermind the meds have kicked in.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    This is the second time you mentioned XJs' being unibody. You must really like frames..... Most people dont care, most people who go offroad still dont care. Hard to follow this logic but most people who go offroading do very little to nothing to upgrade their ride, all it come down to is..... They want it to do what it needs to.

Unibody = no body mounts to break. :p

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    So what? Truthfully, the YJ isn't going to be terribly more capable than the XJ, and the TJ is only marginally so. The XJ is still a very good off-road platform. The biggest advantage that the Wrangler has is its shorter wheel base.

And the fact that it has a frame. And you don't need a sawz-all to fit tires larger than 34in.

Top Bottom