• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have bought a lot of Hormel products over my life time, so when I gt a crappy one I'm pissed. Granted this ham was the highest priced one ever with FJB economics in place. It was a spiral ham that's first slice wasn't even cut through. The inside looks like crap with all its fat. Then there is the red spot bar the bone that is very unappetizing to me.

I was pissed I took it upon myself to write Hormel. This ham should have been made to spam. Now I'm thinking of going in & cutting some for breakfast. At least the dog is going to get a bunch of what I trim off my slices.
    Military Camp

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Ineptness in all things is the latest pandemic.

Pork is no exception. The bacon I prefer, Wrights Extra Thick sliced, lately has a new meaning for thick ... one or two of the slices you can't read the paper through.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I’ve always looked at ham like fruit, it’s a gamble. Sometimes ok, sometimes great, sometimes a total suck.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’ve always looked at ham like fruit, it’s a gamble. Sometimes ok, sometimes great, sometimes a total suck.
    Fruit is a bigger gamble for me. I bought some black grapes a wile back. both times I ate them I got the trots.Yes I washed them, but not everything washes away as easy. One of the reason I hate imported fruit & veggies. We never have a clue what they spray on them.

I think back to the fancy 3 part sinks washing stations the old store had, then I think how often we didn't have degreaser or sanitizer in the meat department.

Top Bottom