• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Now I will not call it stupid, yet.......... However this little guy has me wondering. Yes it is a complete cartridge. For those that think the .22 is a small round, it's a monster compared to this one. That is a CCI .22 LR Stinger for comparison next to it.

rimfire.jpg

Some sort of pre-1900 parlor pistol round. Likely a BB Cap, maybe something associated with Flobert. Is it 4mm?
    Capitol Armory ad

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Ultimate win, you can close the thread now.

James Puckles Puckle Gun that would shoot round bullets at Christians and square bullets at Muslims.
    Square bullets were hypothesized to do more damage and convince the Turks that it would be better to be Christian.

James Puckle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember reading about that before. Yup, I think you may have a winner.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    My submission would have been 729 Jongmans.
    It's been said that it is "needlessly overpowered for any game on Earth".
    Since I haven't fired this cartridge, I'll take their word for it.

And yes, the "729" in it's name means that it is indeed in the .72 caliber range.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Some sort of pre-1900 parlor pistol round. Likely a BB Cap, maybe something associated with Flobert. Is it 4mm?

Yeah probably, definitely not a defensive round, even though small calibers were popular back then for protection. Got a few other small rimfires (that are not .22s) that fit that also.

Come on guys, some body has to have a .20 Winchester Wingo to post up on here or some other bizarre stuff.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Don't know, should have written it down years ago when I acquired it. A buddy had a few and gave one to me, but he is long gone, so no help there. Trying to look it up, but google is not my friend today.
    I've seen these before. Drawing a blank today as well on the internet search.

Don't take this as fact but I seem to remember this is a piece of shot stuck to the tip for expansion. There was a kit to modify your ammo to do this.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Okay... how about salt shot for the 12 gauge? If I'm going to use what a court will consider lethal force on someone, I'd like that force to actually be lethal. If I need to move a cow I can think of better ways to do it than shooting a gun at it! This round might make sense for locomotive engineers, but that's all I can imagine.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Okay... how about salt shot for the 12 gauge? If I'm going to use what a court will consider lethal force on someone, I'd like that force to actually be lethal. If I need to move a cow I can think of better ways to do it than shooting a gun at it! This round might make sense for locomotive engineers, but that's all I can imagine.

x2, might however be useful for seasoning meat on a BBQ pit if you don't want to get too close :)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

When we were kids we use to mess around in a switch yard in our town. The train workers where known to carry salt shot and use it to scare off the local kids messin about. I have heard of a few getting hit with it, but never actually witnessed it. I completely forgot about that until you mentioned it.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX

hahaha! A good friend got shot with that stuff in his younger days... this chicks dad caught him sneaking out of her window and as he booked it for his truck he got shot in his ass from like 30-40 yards more or less LOL! he said it stung like a bitch but didn't stop him from running

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    hahaha! A good friend got shot with that stuff in his younger days... this chicks dad caught him sneaking out of her window and as he booked it for his truck he got shot in his ass from like 30-40 yards more or less LOL! he said it stung like a bitch but didn't stop him from running

I had a supervisor in the Air Force who got hit with it as a teenager (he admitted he deserved it). Said it burned like Hell and at first he was crying because he thought he was going to die. The fact he lived and went on to joke about it puts it out of my consideration for an SD situation.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    I had a supervisor in the Air Force who got hit with it as a teenager (he admitted he deserved it). Said it burned like Hell and at first he was crying because he thought he was going to die. The fact he lived and went on to joke about it puts it out of my consideration for an SD situation.

yes me too, I say leave that non lethal stuff to the riot police... me? I either use my 12ga to shoot and stop a threat, or don't shoot it at all.

Top Bottom