• ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Found this

the law in Texas changed in 2012 and allows UV film anywhere on the windshield without a medical reason, yes below as1 line.

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.

Sunscreening devices (opaque) must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
    Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
    Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
    Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
    A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowTint.htm

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone
    ARJ Defense ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've noticed the difference more in privacy. It seems a little darker in the cab with that applied combined with my front two windows being previously tinted at 35%.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Any brands to look for? I am guessing that this is NOT a DIY project. I had the two fronts done on my SUV since they were just plain glass and were cooking the crap out of my arm when driving. Big difference and they look nearly identical to the factory glass. If I can get the front done in clear and it has a noticeable affect I want it.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Any brands to look for? I am guessing that this is NOT a DIY project. I had the two fronts done on my SUV since they were just plain glass and were cooking the crap out of my arm when driving. Big difference and they look nearly identical to the factory glass. If I can get the front done in clear and it has a noticeable affect I want it.
    I've heard the "ceramic" films have the best reflective value. If you can keep the IR out, it'll help tremendously.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    It's costly, the highest visibility is 90% but $300, I've had 70% for yrs it's about $200

But they are ceramic tints, higher end stuff

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

Phogot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Great info but with the constant road construction in my area, this will just add to my windshield replacement cost...

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I've got a FIAT 500L, the little wagon with the city bus looking front end...I had the 'clear' tint on the two front 'vent' windows and you can't see it to save your life. Cuts down tremendously on the transmission of the bad stuff. If you are near Austin/Cedar Park, Shades of Texas is the place to go!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I've got a FIAT 500L, the little wagon with the city bus looking front end...I had the 'clear' tint on the two front 'vent' windows and you can't see it to save your life. Cuts down tremendously on the transmission of the bad stuff. If you are near Austin/Cedar Park, Shades of Texas is the place to go!

lumar air 80

It was the air 90 we installed on my 'vent' windows...darned near clear as a bell(or is that 'clear as glass'?) Highly recommended unless you are trying to hide something ;)

Top Bottom