• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Winchester_Model_67A.jpg

I've been holding on to some rifles for my father in law for the last couple years, but never really used any of them. Until I had a need to eliminate some squirrels in my backyard and couldn't use my semi-auto .22 because it was too loud.

So I dusted off an old Model 67A and gave it a shot. Love the heck out of it. I hadn't used old school fluted iron sights like these since I was a kid. They're pin point accurate, and have a brass bead on the front sight post for superior visibility.

After that, I did some work on the other 2 sitting in the gun rack that weren't operational

Sticky Bolt, Winchester Model 67A

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    ".. brass bead for superior visibility"

You must have some good eyes, then. I can't see those damn things unless I squint.

Nice rifles, nice work getting the other two back in operation. Got plans to hit the range with any of them, or are they just safe queens until your in-law can take them back?

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    No such thing as a safe queen for me. There're all on squirelle and rabbit duty

Will definitely take one with me the next time I go to the range

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Hahah, great to hear. Nothing gets to me quite like a gun just sitting in the safe and collecting dust. If you aren't gonna use it or put it in a fancy case as a display piece, don't bother buying it IMHO.

What ammo were you using for the squirrels?

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    My favorite ammo is CCI .22 quiet. Bullet is standard 40gr, but the velocity is only 700fps so it's queter than standard sub sonic but still has enougn energy to be affective unlike the calibre stuff

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Heh, I've got three boxes of that stuff siting around because I don't like using it in my semi-autos. Thinking of either giving it to a friend to use in his Single-Six or just buying a cheap bolt-action.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I have a tube fed Winchester 22lr bolt action that is from the same time period and from my father in law.

He took it to school when he was 11 and shot rabbits on the way home. He'd get $$ for the pelts from the local farmers.

3 shots\rabbit average he could buy LR cartridges again.

Any more and he'd buy longs.

If he wasted $$ on candy he'd buy 22 shorts.

between cats, rabbits, chipmunks and other things, I don't want to know about, that rifle has killed more things than any other rifle in this house.

Top Bottom