• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Been doing some research on Winchester shotguns and I'm curious how the closing of their US plants is affecting prices of their guns. It would seem that while the collectable nature has risen, I'm not sure if it offsets other factors

what are your thoughts?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    My thoughts: Winchester made decent shotguns, but they didn't have the appeal nor historical significance of its rifles ('92, '94, 70, etc.). Therefore, I don't think that you'll see much of a value increase, if any at all. With their long guns being now manufactured by FN and Browning (even though the latter come out of Japan), quality is not an issue when compared to the "real" WInchesters.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I really liked the speed-pump I owned. I thought it was well worth the $250 I paid.
    I have an 870 that unlocks under recoil just like the old Winchester but it takes more aftermarket stuff.
    Winchester prices have just gone nuts in the last few years and there is no way in hell they are worth half the price they are charging for them.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have an 80s era winchester 94 saddle ring carbine(16"), pre-crossbolt safety. Back in the day it was probably a 300 dollar rifle. Now that production has moved out of CT, I have seen it's value creeping up. I pretty sure its worth 600 or more now. I'm not sure about the shotguns as I never remember them having much of a following. Sad to see them stop producing in that facility.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The lower level Winchester shotguns ( 1200, 1300, 1400) prices will diminish in value somewhat.
    The mid level shotguns ( Model 12, 42) will continue their slow rise in value depending on scarcity.
    The upper level shotguns (Model 21) will continue their rise to painfully high prices.

SS

Top Bottom