• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who do you like for US President in 2024 elections ?

• Donald Trump

• Joe Biden

• Michael Obama

• Gavin Newsom

• Kamala Harris

• Nikki Haley

• Robert Kennedy Jr.

• Gretchen Whitmer

• Dean Phillips

Results are only viewable after voting.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve yet to hear how a Trump or Biden outcome is distinguishable; they’re both lame ducks on day 1 so all you get are EOs and NPRMs that will be challenged in the courts.
    Guns International

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    If Haley could not win in NH, she might as well hang it up.

WSJ observations:
    With his convincing win over Nikki Haley in the GOP primary, the former president showed that a dominating share of the Republican Party’s core voters are still with him and that his momentum toward the party nomination grows. But the New Hampshire results also signaled that Trump risks losing enough Republicans—as well as a substantial share of independent voters—to create a problem for him as a general-election candidate in November.

The first task for any candidate is to unify the party. But 19% of Republicans who cast ballots in New Hampshire said they would be so dissatisfied with Trump as the nominee that they wouldn’t vote for him in November, according to AP VoteCast, a survey of primary voters. Similarly, 15% of Republicans who participated in Iowa’s caucuses last week said they wouldn’t support Trump in the general election.

66% of independents say they will not vote for Trump.

However, we all know the weaknesses in polls. And Trump might well draw much better amongst Hispanics and blacks this time around.

I don't remember the numbers, but I have a vague memory that Trump did very well with Hispanics & blacks, weren't his numbers historically good for a Republican?

As for the %ages of voters who won't vote for Trump no matter what, that is a huge problem, Trump better have a strategy to overcome it. Hopefully something other than, "Just do what I did last time, and hope it works this time"

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    1000000495.jpg

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    There's a reason some have left the GOP except in name only. But that reason also brings in new blood hopefully to exceed what defected.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Ronna McDaniels, and the rest of the GOP will say nothing of the Haley campaign using Democrat voters as a means to their end. This is a new low for the GOP establishment.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sure, there will be defectors from the GOP, but they left eight years ago not only with their votes, but many publicly campaigning/speaking out against him, Bushes, Romney, Kochs, Bill Kristol, Lincoln Project Stooges, et al. Nothing new.

That's the thing about Trump, he's redefined the battle lines by focusing his policies on the largely ignored or forgotten middle class. And while that will drive away the parasitic faction of the elitist GOP, at the same time he can and I believe will bring new voters, classes and demographics under the tent that were reliably D voters that the GOP, until 2016, hadn't had in over three decades.

There's a reason some have left the GOP except in name only. But that reason also brings in new blood hopefully to exceed what defected.
    The article was referring to voters, rather than politicians, not voting Republican.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don't remember the numbers, but I have a vague memory that Trump did very well with Hispanics & blacks, weren't his numbers historically good for a Republican?

As for the %ages of voters who won't vote for Trump no matter what, that is a huge problem, Trump better have a strategy to overcome it. Hopefully something other than, "Just do what I did last time, and hope it works this time"
    His numbers with minorities are polling significantly better now. FWIW.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Article 3 judge/Justice appointments is a big one

That requires Senate confirmation and unless the R’s take the Senate, it doesn’t matter who Trump would nominate given his political capital to get a nominee tru a hostile Senate wouldn’t exist.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    That requires Senate confirmation and unless the R’s take the Senate, it doesn’t matter who Trump would nominate given his political capital to get a nominee tru a hostile Senate wouldn’t exist.

Even if the R's have majorities in both houses, there's enough TDS to create obstacles to any confirmation for his nominees.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Even if the R's have majorities in both houses, there's enough TDS to create obstacles to any confirmation for his nominees.
    However, McConnell (yes, he has its faults), managed to push Trump's appointees through last time around.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    The article was referring to voters, rather than politicians, not voting Republican.
    I know. Those were just well-known examples of the type/mindset of the GOP never-Trumper, but would include whatever part of the GOP electorate feels the same and/or follows their lead. And of course politicians and media hacks vote, too.

My point is when you lose an investment banker in NY, then you pick up a steelworker in PA or a small business owner in Anytown, USA, or perhaps even an inner city dweller that's been reliably dem for eternity that now sees firsthand the plight of an open border and how it negatively affects them and their life.

Again, redefined battle lines.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I know. Those were just well-known examples of the type/mindset of the GOP never-Trumper, but would include whatever part of the GOP electorate feels the same and/or follows their lead. And of course politicians and media hacks vote, too.

My point is when you lose an investment banker in NY, then you pick up a steelworker in PA or a small business owner in Anytown, USA, or perhaps even an inner city dweller that's been reliably dem for eternity that now sees firsthand the plight of an open border and how it negatively affects them and their life.

Again, redefined battle lines.
    Could well be.

Undeniable that some Dem voters have issues with Biden policies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    However, McConnell (yes, he has its faults), managed to push Trump's appointees through last time around.

So now we’re reliant on the Rs to gain the Senate, too. Last time around with all three in R hands, look how far repealing Obamacare got.

I’ve said it before, but the Rs need to be careful what they wish for, because they just might get it. The party as a whole has no coherent strategy; even if they did, it’s not like they execute on it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    In the current situation, I am having trouble seeing any benefit from Haley continuing. Probably best she drops out and everyone gets behind Trump.
    She has finished last in two states so far. If you ain't in front, the view never changes.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    So Trumps judges won’t get confirmed by a senate that would confirm all of Biden’s judges. Sounds like a win for Trump voters.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Not all of them. There were many positions Trump was never able to fill because he couldn't get them confirmed. There were quite a few agency heads who were appointed as deputy directors then promoted to fill the vacancy in order to get around the Senate.

Top Bottom