• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Well they weren't really any good until the 4th gen, and the prices reflect that. The 1st gen has the best styling to me, tho. Love that targa top.

How was the maintenance on that? Similar to a VW?

I’m assuming you’ve owned every flavor of Viper. Which gen was your preference from a performance and handling perspective?

My Gen 3 is by far the fastest and scariest car I’ve ever driven. 900 horses, Moton racing suspension with nitrogen filled coilovers, HRE C103’s, 18x10, 19x13’s, etc. Low, fast, and sexy. I have a stash of vipers I bought dirt cheap waiting for an increase in valuation. It’s going to happen, always does. Who would have thought the $2500 Chevelle SS that I drove in HS would be worth some coin.

Maintenance wasn’t an issue on the GT, I flipped it for a profit after driving it for a while. The others that I’ve owned were just as reliable.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Used Vipers are dirt cheap in the US. A ton of them are getting bought and sold in Europe, I had an early model Gen 1 that was one of the first 50 to roll off the assembly line and signed on the dash by the designers. It was bought by a Russian who lives in Stangovar, Norway.

The used bike market was the same up until roughly 10 years ago with bikes being bought up and shipped by the container full. Now that a lot of baby boomers have quite riding here and elsewhere the demand has dried up.

Check out prices for used Gallardos and Bentley Continental GT’s, that will give you an idea of the depreciation on exotic cars and why I NEVER buy new. Last two I owned I paid $84k and $57k respectively plus the cost to have them shipped by Gary Almond Transport, around $2500 a car.
    Edit: Oops, didn't see the answer. I've tossed the idea around of seeing if I could stomach driving one since they're so cheap now.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Edit: Oops, didn't see the answer. I've tossed the idea around of seeing if I could stomach driving one since they're so cheap now.

If your stomach is weak and you need to buy cheap have you considered a ricer, like a Honda Civic? Get one with a big spoiler and a fart pipe, you’ll feel like you’re going real fast but still be safe.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    If your stomach is weak and you need to buy cheap have you considered a ricer, like a Honda Civic? Get one with a big spoiler and a fart pipe, you’ll feel like you’re going real fast but still be safe.
    You might have fallen and hit your head one too many times.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Most people are bright enough to pick up on the irony without the annotation. For you, might have to make an exception.

Since you’re kind enough to share your extraordinarily low IQ below your user name, I thought it was for reasons of accommodation, which apparently, it was, considering how easily you’re triggered. I was just making sure you “get it”.

Poor thing, to be so sensitive.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F000%2F611%2F664%2F6ac.gif

Attachments

• ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F000%2F611%2F664%2F6ac.gif
      ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F000%2F611%2F664%2F6ac.gif
      2.4 MB · Views: 230
    Top Bottom