When was the last time you saw someone open carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Reading and comprehension are key, Chief. If you would have read the post, you would have seen that was responding to someone else. I never asked a single question.

You were responding to my post, Chief...

1715782689403.png

Don't bother responding, I no longer have any interest in your thoughts on the matter at this point...

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I see at least two every weekend, more if I run by the gun shop. Use to see a lot more in Wally World, but seems the past year they have cracked down on open carriers. Manager came up to me and told me to cover up, she was polite about it and since she was, I did consent to her wishes for that day only. We went over the whole sign shit, which they do have it written extremely small "We refrain customer to open carry". Told her it was not a valid sigh and will not hold up, the assistant manager had my back and told her it was not legal and was told that the sign was such many, many times. I then told her, next time I come in, I will be open carrying and if she wants to trespass me, then that's her right, but be prepared for the outcome.
    What outcome? Manager of the store can tell you to leave. I believe WM policy though is to abide by state law so if open carry legal then open carry in WM is legal.
    To answer the OP's question it has been years since I have seen open carry.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What outcome? Manager of the store can tell you to leave. I believe WM policy though is to abide by state law so if open carry legal then open carry in WM is legal.
    To answer the OP's question it has been years since I have seen open carry.
    I know that here Walmart took down the licensed concealed carry only signs. No signs at all about guns that I can find.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I was getting gas this morning and a raised 4WD pickup pulled in behind me and 4 guys, all over 250 lbs and long beards, got out and stretched their legs a little. All were open carrying very nice 1911's with bone grips. Nice guys. They all said "morning" to me.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I lived in the U.K from 1993-1997, and I had a carry license while there. The officer who came by our townhouse to interview me prior to giving me my license asked if I'd be carrying a 1911 (think he had the idea that all Americans own/carry 1911s). He was a bit surprised when I showed him my Browning Hi Power 9mm. He also told me that a much larger number of British police officers carry a handgun than most people think. They just carry concealed. Its been a lot of years, but think I still have by old British license somewhere around the house.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I lived in the U.K from 1993-1997, and I had a carry license while there. The officer who came by our townhouse to interview me prior to giving me my license asked if I'd be carrying a 1911 (think he had the idea that all Americans own/carry 1911s). He was a bit surprised when I showed him my Browning Hi Power 9mm. He also told me that a much larger number of British police officers carry a handgun than most people think. They just carry concealed. Its been a lot of years, but think I still have by old British license somewhere around the house.

How in the hell did you finagle a carry permit in the UK?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom