• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Since there are FAR less restrictions on knives than firearms, I find it's much easier to carry a knife almost everywhere that i don't see as excessively threatening.

I've carried a pocketknife on a near a daily basis ever since high school. starting with a S&W swat series, then eventually the CRKT M-16-14 which i still carry, but it's not exactly the best for a easy-accesss personal defense blade.

I recently purchased a Ka Bar TDI that works very well as a concealed knife when i leave my shirt untucked. I modified the sheath for a forward cant making it easier

IMG_0966.gif

I can carry tucked using the supplied belt clip inverted.
    Guns International

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I carry the CRKT M-16-10KZ in my pocket and a CRKT Stiff K.I.S.S hooked to my belt. The Stiff KISS is much easier to produce, but it doesnt have a finger guard so slippage is a concern if it needed to be used. The M-16 is sometimes difficult to open, but with practice has become second nature, and also has the nub that helps if I ever had to thrust into someone.

Someone once asked me why I carry a pistol, and I told them for defense, especially in todays world. She asked me, why not carry a knife, and when I pulled those two out, plus the Old Timer that I carry in my other pocket, she just rolled her eyes and walked away, with me telling her, "yeah, when you're being attacked, or worse, you'd tell yourself the whole time, 'God, what I'd do to have a gun or a knife to defend myself with.' Would you really like that to be your final thought when your last breath leaves your body?".

She doesnt argue with me too much more these days about it, even going so far as to asking me what would be a good SD pistol for her. My wife has been working on her too, so that helps me out with the whole situation.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    The Stiff K.I.S.S. sounds neat....however i can't find it on CRKT's website. Is this a new release?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    It is one of their older blades, I think it may have been discontinued. CRKT has never really impressed me, I had several of their earlier offerings and felt for the difference in price I would stick with Benchmade, Emerson etc....

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    The Stiff K.I.S.S. sounds neat....however i can't find it on CRKT's website. Is this a new release?

Its an older model, just a plain Jane, skeletonized blade, that I wrapped with paracord. They dont offer it anymore.

DirtyD, I have never paid the ARP for any blade, like CRKT's says $69.99 for a blade, I may have only spent $15-20 for it, jsut have a knack for finding good deals on them. I actually like CRKT though, in my opinion, the designs are very nice. But if I had enough money to spend on a knife, it would be a Kershaw or Benchmade assisted opening knife.

Rock on!

Brad L.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I carry a Kershaw Blur Tanto, used to have a CRKT but ended up I just never carried it anywhere and don't like the way it feels in my hand much at all compared to the Kershaw

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm pretty sure a concealed fixed blade is a no-no in Texas.

I carry a SOG Trident lately. Otherwise it's my Kershaw Blur. Neither is for self-defense per se, but I use them enough on a daily basis that I'd be lost without them.

The fact that they'll slice flesh with ease is just a bonus IMO.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Who said mine was concealed? ;) :p But as long as the blade length complies with Texas law it can be carried.

Rock on!

Brad L.

That comment was meant for the OP who talks about carrying his TDI tucked or covered with an untucked shirt.

Got a link to TX knife laws? I'm interested in learning more about them.

Never mind. Found a summary: http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/tx.txt Looks like if it's under 5.5" blade, it's not a switchblade, gravity knife, or double-edged, you can carry it however you want?

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    benchmade miniruckus and an auto SOG. i think both are illegal now so i keep them in my computer bag instead of my pocket.

Top Bottom