• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    With the new chl wordage taking place, are you going to do things any different? I've seen some guys change their routine a little and I'm curious how y'all feel about it.
    Capitol Armory ad

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I wouldn't advise anyone to change what they feel is right, unless it was a friend and he/she was boarding on something illegal.

I agree. I'm a believer of consistency, and we shouldn't change the way we carry as long as we are carrying legally. Just because the law has changed, as long as you're carry style is still legal, you shouldn't change.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I think I conceal very well. My adult daughter is the only one who questioned me, thought I was wearing a medical device (Insulin Pump)
    DSCN4718c.jpg DSCN4719c.jpg The new rules suit me fine, i will change nothing.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    SB 299 changes the wording in the legislation from "fail to conceal" to "unintentional display".

This is designed for those of us who accidentally show during daily tasks.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    With the new chl wordage taking place, are you going to do things any different? I've seen some guys change their routine a little and I'm curious how y'all feel about it.

What is the point of carrying concealed? A person's answer to that question says a lot about where their mindset is on the matter.

The above pictures are a great example of making one's self stand out like a sore thumb. Drawing attention to yourself doesn't really make the most sense in many ways.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    And I fully support open carry. I personally think we should have constitutional carry across the US, but unfortunately that isn't the case currently. That being said, I'd still choose to carry concealed, as there are some definite advantages.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What is the point of carrying concealed? A person's answer to that question says a lot about where their mindset is on the matter.

The above pictures are a great example of making one's self stand out like a sore thumb. Drawing attention to yourself doesn't really make the most sense in many ways.

I conceal 100%. Yes, sometimes I'd rather just wear a regular fitting T-shirt, but it doesn't conceal. I can tell there's a gun under there. Could most people shopping at the HEB? No. But other carriers, cops and criminals probably would know what it is.

I want to blend in. I don't even dress "tactical" but do wear some political shirts, but it's Austin!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I was just at walmart. Forgot how much this shirt has shrunk as I kneeled down. Total exposure on accident. First, I was glad im in a country/military town. Then, I was glad the new wording is in effect. Lol

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I am all for "open carry" and not having to have a license if you are not otherwise prohibited from ownership.

The new law is a "baby step" on the road to open carry.

Texas has a long legacy of Democrat (anti-gun) dominance.

That changed with the "Reagan Revolution," but did not change the views of major news outlets in this state. They still oppose every effort to relax 2A restrictions.

Pro-gunners in this state are using the tactics of their opponents -- make little changes over time and eventually no one will notice that we are walking about our communities openly armed and unlicensed.

Top Bottom