• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Winchester Boys Rifle, single shot .22. It has taken small game and varmints up to coyote size.

It's raised 4 kids and a few grandkids and I still have it to this day.

The rifle is 56 years old and still shoots mighty fine.

Brad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bolt action 20 gauge shotgun with a removable mag. Not sure of the brand. Ended up trading it in for a Rem 700 BDL 30-06 in 1984, which I still shoot today.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    M&P 9c. I didn't have a figure in my life to help start me early. The only man that ever helped to teach me a thing or two about the second amendment, was the guy who threatened to kill my whole family in the beginning of the year. As much as I HATED the helpless feeling, I love my new life as a gun owner and exercising my rights. Really adds teeth to my firm stance about the evident things happening to this nation. I've also learned a lot about things not necessarily relating to firearms, by owning them. Saving up for that lifetime NRA membership (don't like the idea of paying monthly).

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'd have to ask my dad which of his rifles it was that I got my first hog with (was first big kill) because I honestly haven't a clue. First kill with a gun that was actually mine was a dove sitting on a power line with my pellet rifle out of my uncles suburban window, everyone was cheering when it fell thinking I would have just scared it off, of course this was also the day I shot my first shotgun and decided to wait awhile to shoot it again, Mossberg 500AT that my father has since given to me and is sitting in my closet right now.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Some cheap 16 gauge break action. I have no idea who made it, but I think my dad still has it.

A couple years later (when I was 14), I got my actual first gun; an Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight in 20 gauge. Killed a deer with it. It was older than me, had a horrible crack repair on the forearm and was pretty loose. Wound up trading it for a clean M1 Carbine in my 20s. Still have the Carbine.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Remington 241 Speedmaster .22LR when I was 8 (almost 40 years ago). Still have it. Dispatched countless snakes, nutria, armadillo, opossum.
    First shotgun was .410 Winchester single shot when I was around 9 or 10. Still have that one too.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Remington .22 short....I have no idea what the first thing I killed was, can't remember, I was probably about 5.
    Most likely it was a Rabbit or a Turtle.

ETA: I still have it.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Remington Chipmunk .22 for Christmas when I was 6 yrs old. 1 of my nephews has learned to shoot it and he has upgraded to a 10/22. I have another nephew that will start shooting it soon. Someday when I have a son, he will learn to shoot with it.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What was the first gun you "dispatched" your first animal with? BB guns don't count.

Mine was a 410 Brazilian made shotgun. I think it was an ERA or something. My dad bought it out of a Western Auto. What a POS....but the cottontail didn't think so. I shot that rabbit out the window of a Chrysler Cordoba. Mom was driving.

Good times....

The very first animal I dispatched without a pellet gun was when I was about 5. We trapped some hogs, and I got to shoot one in the head with a little .25. I don't remember the make/model. Got my first deer soon after with a .243 Rem Model 7.

Remington .22 short....I have no idea what the first thing I killed was, can't remember, I was probably about 5.
    Most likely it was a Rabbit or a Turtle.

ETA: I still have it.

First gun I owned was a couple years later. My dad got me a .22 Browning automatic. It breaks in two, loads through the stock and has precise iron sights. I love that little rifle, still have it. I call it the "Rabbit Slayer"

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    First gun I owned was a couple years later. My dad got me a .22 Browning automatic. It breaks in two, loads through the stock and has precise iron sights. I love that little rifle, still have it. I call it the "Rabbit Slayer"

It's the Browning SA-22 (aka Browning Takedown). The one I have was my brother's first rifle. It's essentially a smaller version of the Remington 241 I mentioned above.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It's the Browning SA-22 (aka Browning Takedown). The one I have was my brother's first rifle. It's essentially a smaller version of the Remington 241 I mentioned above.

That's definitely it!

Browning SA-22 Grade 1

category100.jpg

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    20ga and a water mocassin from a small distance. Attempted to finish him off with a .38 but don't think I hit him at all with those 5 or 6 rounds. Pretty sure he was dead anyways but at the age of 9 if it's still moving, it's still alive.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Franchi 12ga, still have it to this day. It did a great job of keeping those "rock doves" from stealing the chicken feed. Damn that was fun at 10 years old with my grandfather.

Top Bottom