what the heck is this thing?
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Looks like a May fly.

Looks like it to me.

But watch out. They are EXTREMELY poisonous. They bite your eyeball. As they do, they inject a venom that dissolves your eyeball in about 15mins. It looks like melted jello running out your eye socket. Side effects also include permanent impotence.

BTW, your a hard core badass getting that close to one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not sure about all that but I think I've been bit by one and it did sting like hell, don't remember much redness or a bump though.

In fairness bugs don't like me, I've actually been bitten by a ladybug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not sure about all that but I think I've been bit by one and it did sting like hell, don't remember much redness or a bump though.

In fairness bugs don't like me, I've actually been bitten by a ladybug.

Lol. I'm the same way. I'm not scared of bugs except spiders. Fk those things. But anything that stings in Texas from bees, hornets, wasps and scorpions have all got me. I've been fortunate enough not to have one of those giant red headed centipedes get me an I really don't look forward to it either. For some reason I can flip over anything and find one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lol. I'm the same way. I'm not scared of bugs except spiders. Fk those things. But anything that stings in Texas from bees, hornets, wasps and scorpions have all got me. I've been fortunate enough not to have one of those giant red headed centipedes get me an I really don't look forward to it either. For some reason I can flip over anything and find one.

Those giant red headed centipedes, are NOT with whom, which to f**k. They do not play. Kill those basturds on sight. Stomp them dead.

I was sitting in a recliner at my parents house years ago. I felt something sting the living hell out of me on my left shoulder. I jumped up and it tagged me again in the lower back, as it went down my shirt.

It was one of those little, piss colored scorpions. Little basturd. I threw him out in the yard after i found him(scorpions are pretty good critters). I guess he either fell off the ceiling or was snugged up in the chair.

Yellow jackets hurt alot more then scorpions. Now those assholes, get a cup off gas thrown on them. I HATE YELLOW JACKETS with a passion. I bet Ive been stung over 25 damn times over the years. Even learned the trick of putting a little bit of wetted tobacco on the sting. It helps. DEATH TO ALL YELLOW JACKETS

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've been stung by yellow jacket a few times and it hurts, but those bark scorpions are a mofo. I got sung by one when I picked up rock and it was instant fire. Pulled my hand out and the thing was hanging from its stinger in my finger. He did not survive. My finger swelled up to the size of a polish sausage. I consider cutting it off that pain was so bad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've been stung by yellow jacket a few times and hurts but those bark scorpion are a mofo. I got sung by one when I picked up rock and it was instant fire. Pulled my hand out and the thing was hanging from in stinger in my finger. He did not survive. My finger swelled up to the size of a polish sausage. I consider cutting it off that pain was so bad.

They love firewood too. Ive picked up many a log and got tagged. We use to have glass canning jars out in a well house when I was a kid. the scorpions would fall in and get trapped in the jars. Anytime I wanted to find one...there they be. In one of those jars.

Central texas has lots of em'

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They love firewood too. Ive picked up many a log and got tagged. We use to have glass canning jars out in a well house when I was a kid. the scorpions would fall in and get trapped in the jars. Anytime I wanted to find one...there they be. In one of those jars.

Central texas has lots of em'

That's the one thing that hasn't got me yet, but they have gotten both my parents, sisters, wife, and both kids. They have been worse this year.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Those red headed centipedes hurt like hell.........avoid at all cost.....one got me on the neck last year, had a lump for several weeks.

WE had a lady bug "invasion" a few years ago there were millions of them and would be almost solid on a wall, couldn't keep them out of the house it was covered inside. That's when I found out lady bugs DO bite......doesn't hurt anything , you can just feel them bite you.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Mayfly

Now this thread should be locked before it becomes a pissin contest over whose sting hurt worst :p

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    In this case it would be okay. I was right!
    WRONG! cleric asked what was pictured and your response was it 'may fly'
    Wasn't until the 6th post that it was correctly identified

LMAO!!!

mayfly
    Definition NOUN
    short-lived insect: an insect that lives as an adult for only a few days, typically having two or four pairs of flimsy wings and two or three long slender tail appendages. The female lays her eggs in fresh water, where the larvae develop without a chrysalis stage. Order Ephemeroptera.
    fishing fly: a fishing fly that looks like a mayfly

Top Bottom