Lynx Defense

What preps (if any) are you making for the Zimmerman verdict?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'm hoping that Blacks' reaction (if any) to Zimmerman being acquitted will be limited to Florida. Do you remember the riots in Overton and Liberty City in 1980 after 4 officers were acquitted of Manslaughter in the beating death of McDuffie? I'm hopeful any rioting won't spread to Texas but as a former Boy Scout, I'm going to be prepared. Unfortunately, work means I must leave the house so I'm going to be carrying (concealed) my pistol, a can of Bear spray in the console, and an AK47 with several mags covered but within easy reach of the driver's seat. I've been jacked with before on the freeway, most likely due to the TEA Party licence plate trim on my vehicle and I want to be prepared in case someone decides I deserve to be messed with over Zimmerman.
    Guns International

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    No specific preparations beyond my normal attempts to avoid potentially dangerous situations. I'm not the guy who looks for trouble, or looks to 'solve' trouble.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If it gets sideways here, y'all are in deep shit.
    Nonetheless, I'm ready for as much as I can be ready for.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    None. I will carry on as I normally do. If there is rioting out around me, I stay home until its put down by law enforcement

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    None. I will carry on as I normally do. If there is rioting out around me, I stay home until its put down by law enforcement

What would your advice be for the person who's shift has already started after the verdict comes down. Stay at work until the rioting is put down? The riots in Florida in 1980 lasted 5 days. Or the person who steps out of the supermarket just after the verdict and finds a mob?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    What would your advice be for the person who's shift has already started after the verdict comes down. Stay at work until the rioting is put down? The riots in Florida in 1980 lasted 5 days. Or the person who steps out of the supermarket just after the verdict and finds a mob?

I have no advice, ive never experienced something like that

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    No specific preparations beyond my normal attempts to avoid potentially dangerous situations. I'm not the guy who looks for trouble, or looks to 'solve' trouble.

I assume you're retired. For those of us who aren't, we still have jobs to go to and no one knows when the verdict will be handed down. One can be caught in a riot with out "looking" for trouble and as for "solving trouble", the only "trouble" I'm trying to "solve" is getting my ass safely home should there be mobs rioting. Is that so abhorrent to you?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I have no advice, ive never experienced something like that

Well. I do have advice. It's "Be Prepared". As I will be everyday hence until the repercussions from the verdict have settled.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I assume you're retired. For those of us who aren't, we still have jobs to go to and no one knows when the verdict will be handed down. One can be caught in a riot with out "looking" for trouble and as for "solving trouble", the only "trouble" I'm trying to "solve" is getting my ass safely home should there be mobs rioting. Is that so abhorrent to you?

A little fired up, are we? No, I'm nowhere near retirement age. I'm in my late 30's actually and gainfully employed. I'm also a male Caucasian, for what it's worth.

My point is only that I simply don't worry too much. I don't worry about driving to or from work. I don't worry about the what-if's of going to the grocery store. I'm a very alert and aware observer of my surroundings, and if/when I see something about to go down, it's a very good chance the potential aggressor(s) will not have even taken notice of me. That gives me the opportunity to choose an alternate path, and I tend to do so. That's it.

As for being caught up in a riot, a lot of that will depend on your surroundings. If you live or work in an urban or economically depressed area where a riot is likely to break out, you will make different choices than I. I have the benefit of living and working in a more rural and economically stable area. None of my neighbors (of any ethnic background, and we have quite a mix) will be rioting.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I was thinking of making some non-racially motivated signs and marching for the cause......

Creepy Ass Crackas Win Again!

Crackas Don't Crumble

You Just Got Cracka-Jacked

Crack'a'lackin'

and maybe a few others....

Who's with me?

But, joking aside, I wouldn't think this area will see much, if anything, happen. I wouldn't want to be in the bigger cities, though. That's for sure.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I'm hoping that Blacks' reaction (if any) to Zimmerman being acquitted will be limited to Florida. Do you remember the riots in Overton and Liberty City in 1980 after 4 officers were acquitted of Manslaughter in the beating death of McDuffie? I'm hopeful any rioting won't spread to Texas but as a former Boy Scout, I'm going to be prepared. Unfortunately, work means I must leave the house so I'm going to be carrying (concealed) my pistol, a can of Bear spray in the console, and an AK47 with several mags covered but within easy reach of the driver's seat. I've been jacked with before on the freeway, most likely due to the TEA Party licence plate trim on my vehicle and I want to be prepared in case someone decides I deserve to be messed with over Zimmerman.

I can't believe you assume that all black people, and only black people (no apostrophe needed, by the way) will be angry at the outcome of this trial.

This thread should be closed.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If I lived in Sanford, Florida I might be concerned about rioting. I will be amazed if there is anything more than a small organized protest or two anywhere in Texas.

Top Bottom