• 0-25%

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    When I am trading/selling cattle in a remote location and money is involved or even around my pens I carry my Beretta 92, just makes sense, other wise not so much 50% ?
    Best/joe

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    I carry 100% of the time. I received death threats when I ran for State Representative in Colorado during the 2012 election cycle. I was an openly pro-gun candidate in a Liberal stronghold and anti-gun folks threatened to kill me... justifying my reasoning for carrying all the time in the first place.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    100%

2 guns when out and about.

When at home I carry a Kel-Tec 3AT (380) in a Meco pocket holster because it is one of the lightest guns out there. It won't drag my walking shorts to my knees.

Some think it is paranoid to pack at home. I work in my garage at all hours with the door open. It's easy for some low life's to catch you off guard when you are concentrating on a project.

Same goes when you answer your door, get the mail, take out the trash,walk the dogs..........

I call it being prepared.

Special Ed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    DISH, TX
    100%

I work from home all day every day and still have my sidearm cocked and locked - no different than when I leave the house. I don't want to be that guy with no easy access to protection if he gets surprised by the idiot who doesn't realize I'm home when he comes to check out my art collection.

Silverplan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    East Texas
    I carry 70%. In my job is cc allowed but but the liberal ladies in the office would become literally a heart attack if they know, legally or not, there is someone with a firearm in the house.

Last year they found 3 rounds of 9mm next to the phone in the copy room. You cannot image what happen. 2 ladies were found in their cubical crying because they became a nervous wreck.
    Others where screaming in a hyper hysterical endocringologial breakdown. We know since than who is watching MSNBC day and night. Security was called and because they could not determine what really happen, they came with guns in their hands because they thought there is a shooting going on in the 5th floor. They needed 10 minutes to comprehend what the hysterical outburst is all about.

On the next all staff meeting, our regional director had a police officer as a guest speaker. He explained why a bullet without a gun and a gun without a bullet is nothing more than a piece of metal.

No it was not a male that placed that rounds on the phone. Texas girls can be mean too :)

And yes I carry in the office concealed because it is allowed and still not against company policy. But believe me, the woman peace force is working hart on it.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I think for some folks it's a matter of being comfortable with carrying. By that, I mean not only the mindset, but the commitment of DAILY carry.

Also, finding that proper mode of carry as well as the best gun for you, or even the elusive "holy grail".
    Many of us have boxes or drawers full of carry holsters and gimmicks, as well as dedicated shelves in the gun safe full of various carry guns.

Then there is perfecting the outfit. T- shirt tucked or not? Wear a Hawaiian shirt open for cover? Pocket only carry?..........

We question ourselves to death. But like most of us, make a decision and try something. If it's not right, try something else. It's your life, right? Hence the boxes of holsters. So what if your Sig falls on the floor in IHOP? You won't be the first that happened to. And you will have learned a valuable lesson!

Some folks need a little prodding. And when it comes down to it some just don't have the mindset to carry or shoot someone when the chips are down. And that is fine. Better to figure that out sooner than later.

G19G4DAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Literally from the time I get dressed until I go to bed. The one time I broke this regimen was a day that I wanted to clean the bathroom before showering. I went out to the garage to have a smoke, left the overhead door open while I went in to get a cup of coffee, and when I went back outside, I was face to face with an intruder. Luckily, I was able to control the situation verbally, but I never want to find myself in that scenario again. Mind you, I live in an upscale community in Collin County, so to think that this only happens 'in da hood' is naive. Bad guy was apprehended later that day thanks to social media.

G19G4DAD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Me too. Like I tell my wife, "OK, Mr. Bad Guy, wait here while I walk across the house to my gun safe, unlock it, retrieve my firearm, and return."

A lot of bad things happen in broad daylight.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Literally from the time I get dressed until I go to bed. The one time I broke this regimen was a day that I wanted to clean the bathroom before showering. I went out to the garage to have a smoke, left the overhead door open while I went in to get a cup of coffee, and when I went back outside, I was face to face with an intruder. Luckily, I was able to control the situation verbally, but I never want to find myself in that scenario again. Mind you, I live in an upscale community in Collin County, so to think that this only happens 'in da hood' is naive. Bad guy was apprehended later that day thanks to social media.

Yup, that'll make a believer out of ya.

Top Bottom