• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have several different kinds of red dots, but none of them are actually dots when I look through them. My astigmatism makes it look like this \ but not quite that well defined.

I took a pic and the dot comes out as a perfect circle. What do you see through your red dot sights? Does anyone actually see the dot as shown in this photo?

45260189744_c5745da14d_c.jpg
    IMG_2269 by
    Guns International

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That one looks pink.
    My PRO has a smaller precise red dot IIRC

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Astigmatism can make light change shape like that, where it's actually round but you see an elongated shape.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That one looks pink.
    My PRO has a smaller precise red dot IIRC

It's actually bright red. Camera makes it look pink. It's a 2 MOA dot. Sig Sauer Romeo 5 in the photo. If I use the co-witnessed BUIS, with it, it looks more like this. * (Actual size)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep, I was told many years ago that I have astigmatism. I had no idea the red dot is actually so perfectly shaped until I took that pic.
    It's common, especially as you get older. As it was explained to me, eyeballs change shape throughout your life. In my case I had 20/20 vision up until about 40, and now I need glasses to read, and yes, the shape of light has changed also. Squinting changes the shape of your eye and can at times bring things into better focus.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Look thru it with one eye open. Then swap eyes. See if there’s a difference.

If so, probably astigmatism.
    I just tried that and there is a difference. I know I have the astigmatism. I was curious if anyone sees a perfectly shaped round dot in theirs. I've been wearing corrective lenses for many years. I don't think they can correct astigmatism tho.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I just tried that and there is a difference. I know I have the astigmatism. I was curious if anyone sees a perfectly shaped round dot in theirs. I've been wearing corrective lenses for many years. I don't think they can correct astigmatism tho.

Ok; I misunderstood. On the PA 5X ACSS prism That just arrived, yes; I do have a perfect, tony circle.

But that’s a different optic type.

On my TRS-25, it’s a circle where the edge is soft/not well defined. I attribute it to the quality of the optic.

It’s been a while, but the EO Tech’s and the M-68s I’ve used Would qualify as a circular dot with well defined edges.

I’ve yet to even look through a Sig. if I see one, I’ll let you know.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Look through the sight using one side of binoculars. The binos have the....I forgot what it's called....Optical adjustment. Dopler marks on the eye cup.

Adjust the binoculars until your vision is sharp. Stick them behind the red dot and you'll see the dot edges more clearly. It'll also be bigger and more transparent.

Top Bottom