• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Either of these worked fine in the uniformed back-up mode, off-duty or plainclothes. The Airweight is now my retirement carry weapon. IWB or pocket carry works fine.
    Bob

9a.jpg

Bob, I know you'll get a kick out of this. As much as I talk about disliking revolvers, guess what I carried during my wedding? You guessed it, a 642 appendix carried. ;) Better than nothing, concealed much better in dress clothing than anything else I have, etc. Thought you would like that.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Bob, I know you'll get a kick out of this. As much as I talk about disliking revolvers, guess what I carried during my wedding? You guessed it, a 642 appendix carried. ;) Better than nothing, concealed much better in dress clothing than anything else I have, etc. Thought you would like that.

Something old and something blue, eh? I like it!

Bangboom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    I have a pocket pistol the Keltec PF9.Its very lightweight and doesnt print.That being said its really for a experienced shooter and not a beginner to carry 24/7.Its very snappy and stings a bit when shooting at the range.It can be limp wristed easily if your not well grounded and experienced in shooting the small pistols. Which can and will eventually cause jams ect which could get you killed in a self defense scenerio.Mine goes bang every time and have never had any failures with it.Its been 100% reliable so far and is quite accurate for self defense ranges.I got a good one and Im stickin with it.As far as the Ruger goes I believe it has an external safety and I will never own a self defense weapon with an external safety.Just something else that can go wrong in a chaotic moment and get you killed.

Brad601

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    North West Fort Worth
    Had a PF9 once. Rode great but was not at all reliable and just felt cheap. Thinking of a Kahr PM9, Sig P239 or Walther PPS cant seem to make my mind up though. Anyone have any experience with any of those three. My main concern is Id be wearing it all day as a BU so light weight is a must.

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    I had a TCP and although I only had one FTE after 200 or so rounds, I just never felt comfortable carrying it. Maybe I'm just a bad shot, but I couldn't get even a decent grouping at 7 yds with it, so I sold it and picked up a CW9 and I'll never look back.

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Does anyone have both a Ruger LCR and a S&W 442/642? If so, how bulky is the Ruger compared to the Smith, and which do you like better?

Thanks.....Pachucko

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I had a TCP and although I only had one FTE after 200 or so rounds, I just never felt comfortable carrying it. Maybe I'm just a bad shot, but I couldn't get even a decent grouping at 7 yds with it, so I sold it and picked up a CW9 and I'll never look back.

Are you sure the problem was with the TCP? :p

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Let's be even more honest: it's even harder to mug someone from 50 feet away than it is to mug someone with only one eye.

You speak the truth. Unless the aggressor is Johnny Long Arms.

Lol, well close up I'm not bad, at distance it can be kinda ugly.

Hopefully you won't have to use a .380 any closer than 15ft or any further than 25ft. Sketchy is the word.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I picked up a new Nano about a month ago. I haven’t fired it yet because I’m not sure I will keep it. Still thinking about it.

I don’t like not having an external slide lock. I guess it’s not really a big deal, but it bugs me. Everything I’ve read and heard about the Nano has been good. No negative reports. I just have to decide if I’ll get over the lack of the external slide lock. Sigh,decisions, decisions. I looked at a Sig 938 I like. I’ll decide soon.

Top Bottom