Military Camp

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    All that info and you won’t even tell us what caliber?

Several.
    I’m attempting move some of my reloading indoors. It’s too hot outside for me.
    I’ve purchased a Lee hand press and several sets of carbide dies(.38/357,.44Special,.45Colt)
    I’m going to do the ‘clean” parts of reloading sitting at my desk. Basically this is assembling the cartridge.
    My old manuals are 30yrs old. Still good but many newer powders aren’t even in them. So a couple of new ones can’t hurt.
    These days I’m primarily working on revolver calibers.
    I need a new case trimmer. It’s on the list.
    I bought some antique ammo from that ammo seller in Columbus.
    I’ve been slowly disassembling it. Normally I wouldn’t bother but these .30 Remington cases are rare as unicorn teeth so I’m attempting to re-use them. Some of them are oooold. Like pre-1940 old. Mercuric primers, cupronickel bullets, old.
    Brass that old tends to get brittle. A lot of split necks so far.
    Hurley's Gold

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Normally I wouldn’t bother but these .30 Remington cases are rare as unicorn teeth so I’m attempting to re-use them. Some of them are oooold. Like pre-1940 old. Mercuric primers, cupronickel bullets, old.
    Brass that old tends to get brittle. A lot of split necks so far.
    Good for you for snatching up that stuff before I got near it. I don't need another project to orphan. You've saved me from myself. :)

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Good for you for snatching up that stuff before I got near it. I don't need another project to orphan. You've saved me from myself. :)

They had a LOT more.
    Not a bunch of any one caliber but dozens of different calibers. Everything from .218 Bee to .43 Egyptian. An ammo dorks dream. LoL

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Several.

My old manuals are 30yrs old. Still good but many newer powders aren’t even in them. So a couple of new ones can’t hurt.

I’ve had the same problem. Kind of made me feel old when I realized how out of date a couple of my manuals are.

Ive been buying a Lyman manual about every 3 years or so.

One of the best days of my life was when I moved my loading bench out of my hot garage into a recently vacated kids bedroom.

Prisondoc210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Converse
    This was delivered today.
    73f2d14c4d1562c682279a6d9e2bc4d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Been playing around with 308, various powders and factory loads. I’ve found my barrel seems to shoot really well around 2700 fps, factory loads, handloads, different bullet weights. I wonder if it’s coincidental or not. I think not, must be something to it.

Also picked up a 6mm Creedmoor rem 700, swapped some stock around from rifle to rifle. Got some powder on the shelf, got Peterson brass, started load development. Used some 108 ELDM’s and Staball 6.5 , found a node just over max charge. Now to chrono.

Top Bottom