TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

From my recent real-life conversation with an old high school classmate:

Q: “You &. your Wife (of 50 years) are so different; how did y’all meet ?”

A. “Simple, it was during Vietnam; I was in Thailand. She was the cutest GoGo dancer there; I was a lonesome horny GI, what to expect?!”

“Then I learned how great she could cook.”

leVieux

<>
    Lynx Defense

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    ThisThread.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Is that Lloyd Bridges son?
    <>

It is a small town b/t Lafayette & Baton Rouge, famous for its ”Crawfish Festival’’, and infamous for its being the jumping-off place for the looooong IH-10 Bridges over the Great Atchafalaya Spillway Swamp.

Just so you know, this isn’t the ‘‘word association” thread, but it is almost as dumb.

<>

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    So when is the crawfish fest? We could do road trip and come visit....
    saved by the bots:

FRIDAY, MAY 3-5 2024

Looks like some good eats.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    <>

It is a small town b/t Lafayette & Baton Rouge, famous for its ”Crawfish Festival’’, and infamous for its being the jumping-off place for the looooong IH-10 Bridges over the Great Atchafalaya Spillway Swamp.

Just so you know, this isn’t the ‘‘word association” thread, but it is almost as dumb.

<>
    and there are some great Zydeco bands there

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    <>

<>
    Where my paternal Grandmother was from, famous for her gumbo and coffee, and you couldn’t talk to her on the telephone if you didn’t speak French.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Where my paternal Grandmother was from, famous for her gumbo and coffee, and you couldn’t talk to her on the telephone if you didn’t speak French.
    <>

Yes, the area was settled by the French, then Spanish. Later ‘’Cajuns’’ came b/c they could remain Catholic & speak French here.

We have the World’s best food. New Orleans, even Paris, just can’t compete on taste of value.l

My friend is from Houston originally, but came with an oil company in the mid-1950’s.

Y’all come see us !

<>

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    <>

Yes, the area was settled by the French, then Spanish. Later ‘’Cajuns’’ came b/c they could remain Catholic & speak French here.

We have the World’s best food. New Orleans, even Paris, just can’t compete on taste of value.l

My friend is from Houston originally, but came with an oil company in the mid-1950’s.

Y’all come see us !

<>
    Yep, our family spoke 18th century court French, just one of the many dialects in France, and very similar to what is spoken in Quebec today, not the Acadian/Cajun Patois ...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    So when is the crawfish fest? We could do road trip and come visit....
    saved by the bots:

FRIDAY, MAY 3-5 2024

Looks like some good eats.
    <>

Seriously; just like N O Mardi Gras & the New Braunfels “WurstFest”, the Crawfish Festival has grown way too popular & out-of-hand. Crowds too big for tiny town, drunks everywhere even driving, tough parking, high prices, etc.

We quit going decades back.

I suggest trying to go to Abbeville, Duson, or Hawk’s (North of Crowley) the week before Easter for crawfish.

The best places are Richard’s Seafood Patio Abbeville/Perry LA, Cajun Claws on East Charity Street, Abbeville, Cajun Claws @ Duson LA near IH10, Hawk’s, or the several “Crawfish Time” locations around Lafayette’s outskirts.

Caveat: We had a very, very bad growing season this year; supplies are down, prices up.

Check Yelp or websites b/f coming over.

One can usually get cooked ungraded crawfish from “Pinchers” on US59 bypass @ El Campo; the owners run their own rice & crawfish farm nearby.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom