http://wattsvoice.com
    DK Firearms

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone?
    Everyone loves giveaways.

2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?
    It's doing pretty good. Sometimes change is bad...

3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?
    Yes

4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?
    It feels like a comfortable shirt.

5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?
    No, the focus is fine. Allow larger pictures for uploads.

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    They are like Honey Badgers...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    One additional observation. Whatever search tool you're using with this version of Vbulletin is without a doubt the worst search tool I've ever used on a forum or bulletin board. Most of the time it just doesn't return any results at all. I've tested this a number of times out of frustration by actually reading a thread in a specific forum, then searching for that same thread I just read and regardless of how I conduct the search I receive a no results found notice. I'd say invest some of that $10,000 in improving the forum search feature.

plasman

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    2. Make sales and other postings standard and required. If anyone wants to sell something, require item and price on the header. Make a standard order of items which should be filled out with all information. Half the post replies are asking for prices, pics, locations and other simple questions. Requiring a price on the header saves time and aggrivation of spending time looking over an item and realizing it is listed at 20% above retail.

5. It seems while reading comments that this site is dominated by a few people. I think it needs something to encourage everyone to participate.

Just my two cents

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Start an auction side to the site. I'm tired of the BS at GB.

+1billion!

I thought there could be no way to improve on the site, but this is a brilliant idea!! Limit participation to texans only. Or better yet, limit participation to forum members only. I cant see the infrastructure being that expensive, Im pretty sure that once its set up, it will be completley autonomous.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Can you allow GIF's as avi's? I'm on a stang forum where everyone's allowed to have GIF avi's, but mods have to change them to GIF's for you. The non mod users can only upload normal pics unless you have a mod change it to a GIF by request.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    2) It's doing pretty good. Sometimes change is bad...

This is wise. Look at what happened to MySpace, and what is always threatening to happen to Facebook. TGT is damn awesome already; be mindful of changes to "Improve" it.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    This is wise. Look at what happened to MySpace, and what is always threatening to happen to Facebook. TGT is damn awesome already; be mindful of changes to "Improve" it.

Yeah, I wouldn't change it, but a "members only" auction setup would be a nice addition.

You know what else would be cool... How about a TGT exclusive hunting lease?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I been giving this some thought. The site is just fine as is. If ya got 10k burnin' a hole in yer pocket, make some donations on behalf of us. Wounded Warriors, Sherrif's Association, etc..... Lot's of good causes we can all get behind.
    My 2 cents.

tap&rack_TXinfidel

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Austin
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    10,000 could fund one hell of a Yearly Shoot. Maybe rent out BOTW and put some things together? (competitons, MG shoots ect.)

More activities, shoots ect.

Greatly, yes

Good, but needs to let me use GIFs as avatars

For the love of god, Add a Long Distance section.

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    Above average, But we need mods to be more on the ball on moving threads posted in incorrect locations.

Above all....I like it here.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Just a suggestion to consider having any offers in the "for sale" sections be required (or at least strongly recommended) to be made by PM rather that a post in the thread. I'd hate to see the problems assoicated with bidding become commonplace. I looked in "for sale" sections and didn't see anything that addresses this, but I may have missed it if is there. Just my two bits.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)

More events and the like.

I like how it is really. chatroom might be interesting

3) Do you feel that TGT h
    as improved in the past year?
    I think there are signs of improvment.
    I like it. Bright colors bother me Web 2.0 is weak

chatroom like i said. umm thats it i think
    Im cool with it. I mean this is the intertubes. there will always be jerks, trolls, and spamers comes with the media.

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Let's see now...

I like the idea of sposoring events in different areas. Turkey shoots, swap meets, etc

Nothing, I like the way it is.

Yes. More participation, current news and events, etc

Main forum page is very busy. Sometimes hard to find what I'm looking for.

nope

seems fine to me.

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    I can only answer the first question because I just joined.

but If I had 10,000 I would find someone on the forum with buku land and host a statewide get together/shoot. Use the money to provide cool stuff to shoot such as tannerite or remote controlled planes [or remote controlled planes filled with tannerite :) ] cool guns, guns mounted on vehicles, etc

You could do several different stations, conventional shooting, automatic weapons, flamethrowers, zombies, etc etc....If you wanted you could do an overnight/weekend type shoot where people could bring tents/campers and stay the night having a big campfire [assuming this dry spell were to actually go away, which it probably wont, but I can dream can't I?

You could also charge a small entrance fee and use the revenue to keep doing the shoot for years to come! $35 per person x 300 people would give you 10k to do it again next year!

I know I would come, and if you give me a few years, I will have land to host it!

Top Bottom