Hurley's Gold

What are your tools for surviving? (Knives,flashlights,gear etc)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I think Sterno is what you are talking about for heating food: Sterno Brand Products | restaurant supplies, restaurant suppliers, professional culinary products, culinary products, chef supplies, kitchen equipment, catering equipment, catering suppliers, catering supplies, catering products, foodservice equipmen But they don't last forever and you'll need cookware and stands to put the cookware on if you use these.

As for the flashlight, I have a Mag-lite XL100. It's not one of the superbright LED lights out (83 lumens, I think) there but it does use AAA batteries. If you have a Costco membership, you could look to see what they have. I bought a 3-pack of AAA 150 lumen flashlights with batteries for $20 a few months back. I would link to it online, but they only sell them in-store.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    Keep doing what you are doing...ask lots of questions and read. Always continue to improve your skills and practice what you learn when you can. Gather supplies and tools and you learn.

Besides this site there is a wealth of knowledge on Youtube.

I created a Youtube channel and started creating "playlists" of instructional videos that other people have created.

I organized them into groups such as "Emergency Prepardness", "Water Procurement", "Fire Making" and etc.

Check it out when you have time: twain55's Channel - YouTube

Top Bottom