Lynx Defense

Well, I did it, i've built most of it, need more opinions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Here's what I have so far.
    M&P 15 lower with RRA LPK,
    YHM upper with M4 cuts
    Daniel Defense 1-7" twist 5.56 chrome lined m-4 contour(and cut) barrel with standard a-2 brake and YHM Gas block with flip up BUIS
    Midwest Industries 4" rail on the belly of the forend, only rail that will be put on.
    And the other parts where they don't really matter to brand like delta pack and such are DPMS

I've already ordered a Magpul RVG and a Matech BUIS for the rear.
    As well, I've ordered and am impatiently waiting for my BCM BCG and BCM gunfighter charging handle.

The question i'm posing is: What do I do for optics?
    I'm not wanting to spend more than the rifle on optics, I figure $400 should do for something nice. But where to start?

I've got a few ex-recon buddies that lean toward their aimpoints, and eotech's but any other input is welcome.

View attachment 4786 View attachment 4787
    View attachment 4776
    Venture Surplus ad

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Very nice, way to build it right the first time.

As far as optics go, I haven't used the Leupold that HI-CAP recommended but I think that is what is going on my Magpul build. I have an Eotech 512 on my other AR and really love it. Plus you can find them LNIB on TGT all the time. I think I paid 300 cash for mine and it was unopened.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Thanks for the input good sirs. I'm looking more into the Eotech now. I had no idea that the 512' s sold on TGT for that. it's nice to know.

Does anyone know how the Eotech's perform in low to no light situations? The primary use of the weapon will be night time hog hunting with a spotlight/flashlight.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Does anyone know how the Eotech's perform in low to no light situations? The primary use of the weapon will be night time hog hunting with a spotlight/flashlight.

hehehe I have done a little of that with mine. It really could have used a magnifier on it but it did its job, and does its best work when you have to do work on multiple targets.

Top Bottom