• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    What are you using to grab ahold of that blistering hot whisper pickle? I’m leaning towards getting a welder glove but wanted to make sure there’s not something better that I’m overlooking.
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I like my Sandman-S on my 11.5, but its only 5.56mm

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    I like my short barreled gun for their short barrel. When it’s wearing the DBAL & weapon light I really don’t want any more weight forward.

I set up a LMT piston gun for the wife with a can. After she died I moved it to a SOCOM upper that I put an ACOG on. The can mounts to a standard birdcage.

So many of my rifles sport Smith Vortex flash suppressors. The dedicated .22 upper has a bird cage or a can.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Must be a good can if you’re using it on an11.5 inch barrel
    I’m very happy with it. I’m amazed at how soft the 11.5” is with the Griffin Recce 5. Out of 48 positions of adjustment, I settled on position 45 in bleed-off mode with the Superlative Arms adjustable gas block. I still got a good amount of gas to the face with the FCD charging handle which is supposed to dissipate the gas. I’ll swap the Radian SD next time I go shooting to check the difference. There’s too many variables to know for sure. The 11.5” being a carbine and the 14.5” being mid gas with BCMs MK2 upper that is supposed to help with blowback. I didn’t notice any gas to the face on the BCM upper.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    download (32).jpeg

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Ideally, don't swap when hot. That's a quick way to get things either seized on, or not tight enough and potential issues.

Silicon potholders are a solid option if you absolutely have to. Again though, let it cool before swapping if at all possible.

Top Bottom