Guns International

"We are not advocating you do this"...................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I don't see the big deal. They're out in an open field away from other people, and if they want to blow up their own guns, let them lol. I'm sure they take some safety precautions and stuff lol. This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Guns being tortured and misused in an isolated area that is not a public shooting range. I find it to be very entertaining, and have been subscribed since before he started doing all this, and was only refinishing stocks and making instructionals. I loved watching that .410 shotgun get pistol and rifle rounds fired through it.
    Venture Surplus ad

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I don't see the big deal. They're out in an open field away from other people, and if they want to blow up their own guns, let them lol. I'm sure they take safety precautions and stuff lol. This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Guns being tortured and misused in a safe manner. I find it to be very entertaining, and have been subscribed since before he started doing all this, and was only refinishing stocks and making instructionals.

My thoughts too... They always appear to take pretty solid safety measures... It is interesting to see what kind of stress guns can be put under before failure.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    I don't see the big deal. They're out in an open field away from other people, and if they want to blow up their own guns, let them lol. I'm sure they take some safety precautions and stuff lol. This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Guns being tortured and misused in an isolated area that is not a public shooting range. I find it to be very entertaining, and have been subscribed since before he started doing all this, and was only refinishing stocks and making instructionals. I loved watching that .410 shotgun get pistol and rifle rounds fired through it.
    Bingo.

Heck, I'll do it:I'm going to need to borrow one of you guys' twelve gauge, however...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The recoil didn't look like a 50 bmg.

Because large amounts of gas were not restricted by having to push a tight fitting bullet out.

The area of the bore of a 12 gauge is roughly .3761 square inches.
    The area of a .50 BMG bore (cross section of projectile) is roughly .1963 square inches.

This means that the bullet only takes up about 52% of the space inside that 12 gauge bore.

While there is enough expanding gas to push the bullet out with considerable force, their is a lot of space for the gas to pass around it also. Kinda like firing a blank. I am using this reasoning as to probably why the gun does not blow up.

And no, a dedicated rifle will kick a bit more, even with a sandbag. Now Jakashh aren't we supposed to be going to the range so you can experience that first hand???

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    And no, a dedicated rifle will kick a bit more, even with a sandbag. Now Jakashh aren't we supposed to be going to the range so you can experience that first hand???

I was actually wondering about this the other day but I didn't mention it because I figured you'd be busy. ;) Spring break has passed, but this sunday I should be free! I think I recall you saying you can't do weekends though.

Alex23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    NTX
    The video is a big snoozefest of faux-craziness.

Watching people noodle in the lakes is far more edgy than doing this kind of c*ap.

IMHO.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    lol, you know, I can honestly say, when I get the hankering to do something stupid. I go onto youtube, watch these guys, or others doing foolish things, so I don't have to.

Top Bottom