• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Got about 1000-1200 looking for an ak. Hate that the price has jumped so much on these things but i've want one. If i can't find one good ole sks here i come

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    DO NOT overpay for an SKS. I personally would wait til stuff calmed down. If you pay ak market value price for a sks you will be getting screwed even more, because the ak will hold out for atleast $400 in normal times. I've seen yugos sell for $180.

Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I really was hoping to pic up an ak for 800 but jumped on the wagon too late. Sks, there are 3 local for 400 a pop but pretty rough shape, i was hoping to stay around 300 range for an sks. Im in marshall tx(east tx).
    I've gotten one ar at a fair price b4 the madness, i have a stripped lower that will stay that way till the madness calms down. May have a lead on a complete upper for a fair price in 10 days.. Arg the madness

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I maybe look at 1 of the SKS for 400. take the 1 with the best action and then buy a choate folding stock.. I don't like Bubba SKS but apparently a lot of people out there do.

Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    i like that from arsenal, i found a few ak for sale in tyler i'm going to look at tomorrow. they are wooden stocks and want to change that. they are wanting 1000 each. i don't know if that would cost me more in the long run.....i imagine it will. that one from arsenal is the style i want, just want to add some rails up front with it. arg, decisions decisions.

JimThorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    East Texas
    i like that from arsenal, i found a few ak for sale in tyler i'm going to look at tomorrow.

Where in Tyler if you don't mind my asking? About a month ago I was at Porter's Sporting Goods on Hwy 155 south of Tyler in Coffee City and they had a lot of AR's and several AK's. They looked like the ones from Inter-Ordnance, the same mfg as my AK.

I'm in the Tyler area. I might consider selling my AK for $1000. It's brand new, never fired. http://ioinc.us/index.php?page=shop...l&product_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Last edited:

Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    There are several individuals selling in tyler, plus theres a gun show there this weekend. I really want one with a synthetic stock, just don't know. There are several to choose from. Seeing who i can talk down under a grand, or trade some a/c work for ;)

Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    because i like the look better. just personal preference...almost on all guns i don't like the wooden stock look..i've been that way as far as i can remember

JimThorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    East Texas
    I usually attend the gun show in Tyler but the venue is kinds small and fairly crowded on a normal day. I haven't dared to go to a show since the school shooting.

I honestly prefer synthetic as well. But I got a good deal on mine when I bought it (the day after the 2012 election). I think I may swap out the wood for synthetic. I prefer adjustable stocks over fixed stocks.

If you don't find anything today you might try Porter's Sporting Goods on Hwy 155 south of Tyler. 903-825-3933 They have a great selection. Not sure about prices, though. I was in there about a month ago and they had AK rifles and AK pistols for $900.

Last edited:

Crazecodyk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I forget the brand, he didn't have it with him, will pick it up tuesday. But i has synthetic stock just like i wanted.

Top Bottom