• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Seems to have come down a few $$ lately. Not always the cheapest price but where I suspect most buy their ammo. Much less than what I've seen for it at other sports stores at least.
    45acp.jpg

45acpr.jpg

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    Well, I was going to take a training class at one time. They didn't allow anything but factory loads and then only high end stuff, no Wolf or Tula, etc. That was a mid level course and it required 600 rounds of factory....and no, you can't keep your brass, either....I asked.:banghead:

I never got around to taking the course. At the time, my best piece was my G36 and so that was what I was going to take it with....now I have two better 9mm's that will get the nod should I ever do the course. MUCH cheaper.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Well, I was going to take a training class at one time. They didn't allow anything but factory loads and then only high end stuff, no Wolf or Tula, etc. That was a mid level course and it required 600 rounds of factory....and no, you can't keep your brass, either....I asked.:banghead:

I never got around to taking the course. At the time, my best piece was my G36 and so that was what I was going to take it with....now I have two better 9mm's that will get the nod should I ever do the course. MUCH cheaper.

It is for liability reasons, that many if not all instructors require quality factory ammunition. If you would get hurt in there class because of sub par, or self reloaded ammo they would be to blame.

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    What Dcav said....that and an extreme bias towards reloads. Front Sight is one of those that won't allow them. Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

With my G36 and my hand issues, I'd much rather shoot my reloads. If not, Magtech 230g would work well enough. Well enough meaning it won't try and tear my hand off. WWB is okish, too. Magtech is lighter, though.

FS will accept, Blazer Alu...but others will not. They also won't let you take the brass because they sell it or reload it themselves.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Odd, I thought the 100-count box of WWB was $29.95 at one point; so I checked the stack I have been "hoarding" since right after you-know-who was elected (and before the big ammo disappearance and price jump) and it was marked $41.95!! It was probably when I was still buying the stuff despite it being hard to find and the prices going up!

Of course, early on when I was buying a few boxes at a time, I seem to recall getting three boxes of the stuff for just about a hundred bucks.

I am just happy to see the stuff on the shelves, although I haven't bought ammo from Wally World in a long time (these days I shoot my rifles more than anything). I fear if you-know-who is re-elected that there may be a repeat of last time, since many fear he will finally go after guns in his second term (if he gets one).

Then again, if our governor makes it to the White House we could actually see friendlier attitudes in Washington towards us.

Either way, I should start stacking the stuff up again; just in case!

Cheers! M2

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Not sure if it is urban legend or not but most classes list that. But my first class there was a waiver for reloaded ammunition. More than anything it is CYA as an instructor. Some even go as far as listing this:

1. Ammunition--NO RELOADED AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED, and NO aluminum cases!) You will need a minimum of 50 rounds for each sidearm, as well as additional ammunition should you fail to qualify the first time.
    If you do not see your brand of ammo on this list, it is not approved!​

S.A.A.M.I. APPROVED AMMUNITION LIST
    BLOUNT, INC. C.C.I./SPEER​
    HORNADY MFG. CO.​
    FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO./AMERICAN EAGLE​
    OLIN/WINCHESTER​
    REMINGTON ARMS CO./UMC​
    FIOCCHI OF AMERICA, INC.​
    ACCURATE/ULTRA MAX​
    4W AMMUNITION​
    BLACK HILLS​
    PMC​