• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I'll be in Austin in a couple of weeks and i was wondering if there are any gun stores that are recommended by TGT members? I usually head on over to GT Distributers or Cabelas down on I35. Not looking for anything in particular but you never know when something jumps at you.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That is pretty much all you need unless you are looking for high end shotguns, in which case go to McBride's.
    McBrides also has a good selection of reloading stuff upstairs. They have a bigger selection of guns than GTs too especially if you want to look at hunting firearms. McBrides is a good store.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    McBrides also has a good selection of reloading stuff upstairs. They have a bigger selection of guns than GTs too especially if you want to look at hunting firearms. McBrides is a good store.

GT's, McBrides, and SilencerShop and/or Capitol Armory?

If you're up for meeting any members, there's a lot of us here and we all like BBQ and Tex-Mex. What's your itinerary look like?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Besides those already mentioned, Red's Indoor Range and gun shop. One in Pflugerville and one in Oakhill.

Red's can eat a bag of dicks. High prices, poor customer service experiences (in my experience).

Nobody should support Red's.

If you miss going by GT's, especially for a look at their police trade-in rack, you're missing something.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Thank you all for the feedback. I like GT quite a bit but i wanted to visit other places. Now i have a list of places to look at.
    I'm in Austin every about every 3 months for work meetings. Unfortunately this trip will be rather busy but i would definetly like to join the Austin gang for lunch during my next visit. I was looking forward to getting my Hillary bumper sticker to put next to my Obama one but i guess that will have to wait till January.
    Thanks again for all the feedback.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Reds in oakhill has a good group of guys for the most part and I find decent 22 ammo prices there!

I also have met a few of the guys outside of work so that helps!

They deal with some real yayhoos having that range in there so I cut em some slack!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet...it's the only gun shop in Austin I find worth visiting when I'm there...

Elite Guns
    2121 W Parmer Lane Unit#107
    Austin, Texas 78727
    http://www.elitegunsaustin.com/
    eliteguns1@gmail.com
    Mon - Sat // 9am - 7pm

Cheers! M2
    Have to disagree....only been in once and didn't get good vibes! I should try again but it's not convenient for me to get to so I haven't yet!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Stopped into elite again.....same guy was behind the counter as last time and he just gives me weird vibes especially standing there just dragging on his e cig while I'm trying to check out the shop!

Their AK mags were a little pricey so I passed and walked out.....im 0 for 2 there :/

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Have you been to Storied Firearms? They are south of the river, but if you are looking for something unusual or different than Glocks, M&Ps and AR's they are an interesting place.

9300 U.S. Hwy 290 West, Bldg 2Austin, Texas 78736

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Have you been to Storied Firearms? They are south of the river, but if you are looking for something unusual or different than Glocks, M&Ps and AR's they are an interesting place.

9300 U.S. Hwy 290 West, Bldg 2Austin, Texas 78736

I never knew they existed - I'll have to stop by, they look neat!

Top Bottom