• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From NPR radio (read transcript or listen to podcast)

This is ALERRT. That stands for Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training, something created here in Texas two decades ago. Its active-shooter courses have become a federal standard, and now Texas is requiring all its cops to do 16 hours of this training every two years. The courses are updated often. For instance, trainer Randy Knight tells this class that research is showing that there's rarely a second shooter. So once cops have stopped one killer, they shouldn't leave wounded people behind to go looking for possible other attackers.

Attachments

• alerrt 3.jpg
      alerrt 3.jpg
      9 KB · Views: 39
    • alerrt 1.jpg
      alerrt 1.jpg
      9.9 KB · Views: 46
    • alerrt 2.jpg
      alerrt 2.jpg
      8.3 KB · Views: 41

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    From NPR radio (read transcript or listen to podcast)

This is ALERRT. That stands for Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training, something created here in Texas two decades ago. Its active-shooter courses have become a federal standard, and now Texas is requiring all its cops to do 16 hours of this training every two years. The courses are updated often. For instance, trainer Randy Knight tells this class that research is showing that there's rarely a second shooter. So once cops have stopped one killer, they shouldn't leave wounded people behind to go looking for possible other attackers.
    you ca,'t train some to have a spine and to rep up and what's the right thing to do no more than you can train cowardice from a person either a person has a set of balls and willdo what needs to done or they won't imo training isn't the issue most all of this training has been available for decaases now!

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    The San Marcus based ALERRT data and training that stood up after Columbine CO, has been a good tool for training Officers. Some of the better training I did with them years ago. It should probably be integrated into academy training.

Both our Military and Law Enforcement has become weak on training warriors to do battle.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    what good is the training if it's not going to be used when it really counts? iirc come of those officers at the school had previously taken part in some sort of training but they failed to use it when it really mattered in actually saving lives!
    Depends on the officers and leadership.
    I mean the officers cleared the school and evacuated over 100 people right? Only a handful stood around clueless.

You have leaders that should lead. But we know those in charge, failed to lead. That is NOT a training issue but a leadership issue. Every leader directly involved in the are should have been fired.

Those outside doing security are not responsible for the actions of the leadership at the front door of the threat.

Train leaders. That’s the major breakdown. But training is required if you EXPECT officers to charge into danger and risk their lives for others.

Granted the USSC has ruled many times, an officer is not obligated to protect individuals, but to provide a basic response. They are not obligated to sue trying to save people.

Maybe there needs to be law changes? I mean I think we all know how well the defund the police and liberal agenda has played out. They broke it. Who will fix it? Todays officers are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t. Imagine if the officers rushed in and kids were still killed and officers ended up shooting some of the kids? Hindsight always seems right for MMQB’s.

Training provides the tools. You still have to be smart enough to use those tools.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Depends on the officers and leadership.
    I mean the officers cleared the school and evacuated over 100 people right? Only a handful stood around clueless.

You have leaders that should lead. But we know those in charge, failed to lead. That is NOT a training issue but a leadership issue. Every leader directly involved in the are should have been fired.

Those outside doing security are not responsible for the actions of the leadership at the front door of the threat.

Train leaders. That’s the major breakdown. But training is required if you EXPECT officers to charge into danger and risk their lives for others.

Granted the USSC has ruled many times, an officer is not obligated to protect individuals, but to provide a basic response. They are not obligated to sue trying to save people.

Maybe there needs to be law changes? I mean I think we all know how well the defund the police and liberal agenda has played out. They broke it. Who will fix it? Todays officers are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t. Imagine if the officers rushed in and kids were still killed and officers ended up shooting some of the kids? Hindsight always seems right for MMQB’s.

Training provides the tools. You still have to be smart enough to use those tools.

If you want to call almost 400 officers a handful then good for you. But it's not.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    If you want to call almost 400 officers a handful then good for you. But it's not.

I only saw a handful that had made contact with the shooter, and stood outside the classroom, in the hallway.

I did not see 400 officers in the hallway. I do know other officers entered into the other rooms risking their lives to get children and adults out safe. I know others were securing the scene outside and getting people to safety and that many officers drove from miles away to get there.

I blame whomever was in the hallway and in charge, yet failed to take action.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    what good is the training if it's not going to be used when it really counts? iirc come of those officers at the school had previously taken part in some sort of training but they failed to use it when it really mattered in actually saving lives!
    They had to get hand sanitizer and tell a couple of jokes first.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Cowardly cops are exactly what the government wants.

They have no morals to stand on and will simply do what they’re told…like target parents who speak up at school board meetings.

The powers-that-be are more concerned that the cowardly cops use the correct pronouns to describe the shooter and now-dead kids.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    oh wow "training" to boost the budgets of the donut eating pissants
    what a damn joke. and I bet they still couldn't hit the broadside of the sky.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I only saw a handful that had made contact with the shooter, and stood outside the classroom, in the hallway.

I did not see 400 officers in the hallway. I do know other officers entered into the other rooms risking their lives to get children and adults out safe. I know others were securing the scene outside and getting people to safety and that many officers drove from miles away to get there.

I blame whomever was in the hallway and in charge, yet failed to take action.

There were almost 400 cops ON SCENE before they decided to go after the shooter. 400. Yet ONLY one wanted to breach the door on arrival. He was disarmed by OTHER COPS and lead away from the scene.

Quit making excuses for cowards.

Top Bottom