• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    A couple of years ago, the bride and I was on a field trip and decided to stay the night in Corpus, just like we used to years ago. Of course we had to stop by the mall first......

I swear, the local gangbangers must have been having a convention there. We cruised the lots looking for a "safe" looking area and finally gave up and fled. MY favorite part of Corpus Christi? The view in the mirror as you drive toward the River Walk in San Antonio.

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Take up Geocaching and you will always have something to do no matter where you are. Over by the museum, you can also rent Segways and get Segway lessons which Baby Girl and I are going to do in January when we go with our Trails group to sleep on the USS Lexington again.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A couple of years ago, the bride and I was on a field trip and decided to stay the night in Corpus, just like we used to years ago. Of course we had to stop by the mall first......

I swear, the local gangbangers must have been having a convention there. We cruised the lots looking for a "safe" looking area and finally gave up and fled. MY favorite part of Corpus Christi? The view in the mirror as you drive toward the River Walk in San Antonio.

Corpus has more than "The mall". Lol.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Why all do the negativity towards Corpus Christi? Granted, CC is not a SA or a Houston but it still has plenty to do.
    As far as the amount of gangbangers here....its not any more than any other large city.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Corpus is the most boring city I've even been to. Its like being in a very large town. Cities are supposed to have a lot going on-especially coastal cities!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Corpus has its pro's and cons. But where else can you live on a coastal city for less? It's small, I moan about driving 10 minutes across town :)))

And an evening at the beach is 10 miles from my house.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Hey hey!!!! Leave cc alone!! If i can i will retire there. Beach lots of buzzzzzzzz and watch the ships come in

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    One of our favorite stops is the Corpus Marina downtown. Nice place to walk around and boat / people watch. Joes and Landry's are there too.

Last edited:

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Corpus has more than "The mall". Lol.

Yeah, but everything we saw on that stretch of the trip did not give us the warm and fuzzy feeling. I stopped at my choice of gas stations to fill up and had to wade through the day laborers only to find the clerk could not give us an opinion on a good ocean front hotel because she did not speak English. Appeared most of the billboards and signs were in Spanish, which meant an eating establishment was gonna serve us something we could only guess what it was! Then with the gangster's day out (of jail I presume) we decided to seek accommodations elsewhere.

I remember the days when Corpus was neat, clean and a pleasure to vacation in. I have a cousin who is retiring from the Navy and he asked me about Corpus as a possible place to relocate. I told him he needed to learn the language first and give them a test run..... He opted out after 3 days.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    Hey hey!!!! Leave cc alone!! If i can i will retire there. Beach lots of buzzzzzzzz and watch the ships come in

I have a beach house down the road from there in Port Aransas. I think of going into CC as going to the big city and enjoy it.
    I mainly live in Dallas and CC and PA are miles ahead of Dallas. Folks are friendlier there too.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    you are correct, the whataburger originated in corpus christi, but the restaurant you are talking about is not the original location. The downtown 2 story location is definately worth the trip....
    -And it says a lot about Corpus Christi that the corporation decided to move its headquarters from its hometown to San Antonio.

FWIW: the Lexington and Aquarium are very nice attractions.
    Padre Pizzeria on the island is also top notch in quality and service.

AVOID ROBSTOWN AT ANY AND ALL COSTS. Think of it as an extension of the Chernobyl exclusion zone. lol.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    -And it says a lot about Corpus Christi that the corporation decided to move its headquarters from its hometown to San Antonio.

FWIW: the Lexington and Aquarium are very nice attractions.
    Padre Pizzeria on the island is also top notch in quality and service.

AVOID ROBSTOWN AT ANY AND ALL COSTS. Think of it as an extension of the Chernobyl exclusion zone. lol.

Robstown has the best Mexican Bakery I've had in a long time.

That whole whataburger deal was just stupid, whataburger wanted to dump more money into their corporate headquarters. (At the time an area desperate for refurbishment) but it involved closing a street that was really useless. Almost no traffic. And the city told em to pound sand. So whatabirger took their toys and left. Recently they closed that same street for a new tenant.
    It really reflects on daum democrats if you ask me.

That and San Antonio is a much more centralized location to run a company.

Corpus is for the beaten path. You don't just pass through corpus you have to really wanna go there (one of the reason why I like it) but it makes doing business here difficult.

Top Bottom