• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Personally, I don't want context or spin from anyone. I just want facts. I can decide the rest for myself.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I guess you never read the captions to photographs, because that's what they do, put the photo into context or make it relevant.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    russia is a terrorist state.

Watch the video, read the captions.

This is a residential area, homes, families that was attacked. Then after rescue workers had arrived and were working, a second strike to target first responders for injury, death and emotional distress. Non-legitimate civilian target, then attacking civilian emergency response. It is terrorism any way you look at it.

92bfb95cddaf0b36e15ce8a3ca2f1c01.jpg

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I guess you never read the captions to photographs, because that's what they do, put the photo into context or make it relevant.

Journalist put captions on photos?

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    russia is a terrorist state.

Watch the video, read the captions.

This is a residential area, homes, families that was attacked. Then after rescue workers had arrived and were working, a second strike to target first responders for injury, death and emotional distress. Non-legitimate civilian target, then attacking civilian emergency response. It is terrorism any way you look at it.

92bfb95cddaf0b36e15ce8a3ca2f1c01.jpg

It sucks to see civilians harmed during war but often, combatants hide, meet, sleep and whatever amongst the non-combatants. That's just my experience during deployments. Maybe this war is different.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It sucks to see civilians harmed during war but often, combatants hide, meet, sleep and whatever amongst the non-combatants. That's just my experience during deployments. Maybe this war is different.

Ukranians have done this in the past. Not sure if they still are.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    As I have stated previously, when the topic of civilian casualties popped up, I really don't believe in wartime rules. There is only one rule, win. Sportsmanship is for sports. Just look at the Revolutionary War. We did many things that were considered unsportsmanlike.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I'm also willing to bet anyone crying foul about Ukraine civilian casualties wouldn't give a shit if the tables were turned and it was Russian civilian casualties. Welcome to the hypocrisy of war.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Journalist put captions on photos?

Yes, they frequently do...
    Classically, photojournalists did not caption their photos. They wished they did and often decried the results when they didn't. Nevertheless, Caption Writer was a specific job title. Today, it tends to be done by photojournalists but hardly exclusively.

That's because most of the job titles in what we think of as "journalism" have disappeared, either being done as an afterthought by some (often incompetent) person somewhere during the publication process or being done by an AI.

Copy Editors, for example, have mostly disappeared. That one is really sad, too. Most AI-written articles could really, really use a human copy editor.

Some Headline Writers are still holding on, though. It often takes a human to completely mischaracterize a story in the title and, thus, successfully turn it into clickbait.

I weep for the professional environment I once studied to enter.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

"Zelenskuy met with a bipartisan delegation of U.S. Congress members in Chernihiv Oblast and called to pass Ukraine aid bill as soon as possible,"

Call in one hand, crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

Not our monkeys. Not our circus.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    Since Feb 26, you've only made 3 posts not in one of the Ukraine threads.

You made a flurry of 10 fluff posts over a few days until youre sole attention became Ukraine.

Your name style and the pattern of posting that EXACTLY MATCHES what Ryan McBeth demonstrates is textbook russian disinformation troll/bot. Very interesting.

This is news, because despite several rather pro-russian members you are the first troll/bot that joined TGT for the express purpose of attempting to manipulate the Ukraine threads.

You can think and say whatever TF you like. Nothing but insults to anyone with a different opinion than you. I'm a US vet (albeit I was a wild young man and not the greatest sailor by any stretch), my dad was a Marine, his dad was WW2 AAF, and we've fought in pretty much every war back to (and including) 1776. I didn't approve of the war in VN, Hussien was right - Kuwait was slant drilling to steal Iraq's oil, Afghanistan was a F'ing mistake (as was Libya), and Iraq 2 had no clear exit strategy that would leave things markedly better than when we got there. Now you can mouth off about how I'm a traitor, bot, whatever. And btw, at best 20% of the posts in this thread are news.

Top Bottom